Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Podcast: Coach Michael Desormeaux

1. Tickets Podcast: Coach Michael Desormeaux

Louisiana Ragin' Cajun head football coach Michael Desormeaux joined Scott for his first media interview since being promoted as head coach. The two discussed quite a bit in an in-depth conversation.

Default Re: Podcast: Coach Michael Desormeaux

Holy Cow. His breakdown of recruiting process and video analysis is impressive.

3. Default Re: Podcast: Coach Michael Desormeaux

Mike described being able to pick Napier's brain.

I forget the exact words but I love how Maggard phrased it, so here is a paraphrase 'Mike didn't have to leave to get experience, the experience came to him.'

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Mike described being able to pick Napier's brain.

I forget the exact words but I love how Maggard phrased it, so here is a paraphrase 'Mike didn't have to leave to get experience, the experience came to him.'
    Definitely like the quote… #LetsGeauxDesormeaux

Did Prather have a hunch on this promotion? He’s been playing the Beastie Boys for quite some time now….Coincidence?

Man, this fired me up!!!! I'd run through a wall for this cat.

7. Default Re: Podcast: Coach Michael Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Man, this fired me up!!!! I'd run through a wall for this cat.
    That’s what I’m talking about . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    That’s what I’m talking about . . .
    Good interview and I'm sure Coach Des will improve as he does more interviews. Sorry to say this but I can't be the only person with this observation. First impression is important. If I could offer constructive advice, eliminate "you know" and "I mean" which he must have said 500 times in the interview, much like a freshman player being interviewed. He has the right message and just needs to polish his interview skills, very important as a head coach as he will be in the spotlight on a regular basis. 100% behind Coach Des as he continues the legacy Napier left and takes UL to even greater heights.

It will be interesting to hear how much better Dez's interviews are as time goes by. You see it all the time with athletes, coaches etc. He will be a pro by the end of the first year.

Z

10. Default Re: Podcast: Coach Michael Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Good interview and I'm sure Coach Des will improve as he does more interviews. Sorry to say this but I can't be the only person with this observation. First impression is important. If I could offer constructive advice, eliminate "you know" and "I mean" which he must have said 500 times in the interview, much like a freshman player being interviewed. He has the right message and just needs to polish his interview skills, very important as a head coach as he will be in the spotlight on a regular basis. 100% behind Coach Des as he continues the legacy Napier left and takes UL to even greater heights.
    Napier does the same thing...

11. Default Re: Podcast: Coach Michael Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Winning, a, allows one, you know, to get away, a, with, you know, a, a lot . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I was about to say the same thing.. “ya know”…“right”

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post

Not bad for his first interview. The "you knows" and such will become less frequent in time. Here's hoping CMD is just the next UL football coach that moves on to a bigger and better gig. Napier had breaks in his speaking, always took that as him analyzing before he spoke.

I trust Maggard, Maggard trusts CMD. Let's geaux!

14. Default Re: Podcast: Coach Michael Desormeaux

In time, he will slow it down and all of those have a good chance to go away . . .

15. Default Re: Podcast: Coach Michael Desormeaux

Desormeaux will learn Scott's style, and Scott will learn Mike's style.

Considering the newness, I think they both hit a home run.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information