Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Podcast: Coach Michael Desormeaux

Default Re: Podcast: Coach Michael Desormeaux

Dr. Maggard is throwing in some "right"s also.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I was about to say the same thing.. “ya know”…“right”
    “You know…right” seems to be the new business term when explaining something. As is “to your point, right”. They seem to be the “catchy” phrases when important people speak?!🤷_♂️

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    “You know…right” seems to be the new business term when explaining something. As is “to your point, right”. They seem to be the “catchy” phrases when important people speak?!��_♂️
    Right

4. Default Re: Podcast: Coach Michael Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Here's hoping CMD is just the next UL football coach that moves on to a bigger and better gig.
    I don’t know. Maybe, since he’s from here and played at UL, we can hope that he finds success and sticks around. Weird to hope that he’d leave…

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Power View Post
    I don’t know. Maybe, since he’s from here and played at UL, we can hope that he finds success and sticks around. Weird to hope that he’d leave…
    Yea, i’m done hoping our coaches move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Desormeaux will learn Scott's style, and Scott will learn Mike's style.

Considering the newness, I think they both hit a home run.
    Why would CMD want to take the time to learn Scott's style?

Quote Originally Posted by PodcastDeli View Post

Louisiana Ragin' Cajun head football coach Michael Desormeaux joined Scott for his first media interview since being promoted as head coach. The two discussed quite a bit in an in-depth conversation.
    I took about 15 minutes to transcribe a couple of things that struck me the most. If you like them, please save them or bookmark this:

"They're all different, they've got different body types, different backgrounds, different makeups, they talk different, all that stuff, but they're working for one thing, in common... and then you learn that it's not about you. So that's what the goal about this whole thing is: the goal is that you're trying to build better men and trying to equip them for the future, and the byproduct of that is that you win.

"I'm not going to sit here and say that's the only thing I care about, is winning, because it's absolutely not. Now, I mean, I think you know me well enough, and most of the people probably that are listening to this know that I'm pretty competitive, I like to win as much as anybody. But this program is going to be about having guys that represent this university, this community, this state, in a way that we're all proud of. And that's what we've done, that's always been how we've done it, since 2018 for sure. That was very clear that that was the goal.

"And you get into coaching because you want to make a difference and you want to help people grow. If you get into coaching just because you want to win, well then, you're in it for the wrong reasons. And that's never going to change for me."

• • •

"They'll never have anybody that wants to win and who wants to do it right for this place more than I do. It's 100% personal, and to me, it's something that... I love the trajectory of this place. I just know, I've always felt that it could be like this, and I just think we're just getting started. This is a jumping-off point for us."

8. Default Re: Podcast: Coach Michael Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Why would CMD want to take the time to learn Scott's style?
    I wouldn't take "learn" so serious, it's not a conscious endeavor.

They agreed to talk again, and will, without trying, become accustomed to each other's specific manorisms in the Q&A format.

"We're just getting started."

- Michael Desormeaux, Louisiana Head Football Coach

As Coach Napier says, “If that makes sense?” Just win, the right way.

Napier says “certainly” as a preface all the time. Everyone has verbal crutches.

12. Default Re: Podcast: Coach Michael Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Napier says “certainly” as a preface all the time. Everyone has verbal crutches.
    Who said "no doubt" and "without question"?

One of the best coaches and communicators in our history.

14. Default Re: Podcast: Coach Michael Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    One of the best coaches and communicators in our history.
    No doubt . . . Without question ..

Bustle was a “no question” guy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information