Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread: I 100% Support Mike Desormeaux! (formerly I will not support Mike D)

People I 100% Support Mike Desormeaux! (formerly I will not support Mike D)

Who on this board said that?? No one!! Why all the hostility towards people with concerns??

Nobody said they are dropping their tickets
    Nobody said they will not be donating to RCAF anymore
    Nobody said they would not support Mike

There would be questions no matter who was hired. If the DC from Alabama was hired, the people who wanted an offensive coach would be questioning. If the OC from Ole Miss was hired, the people who wanted a defensive coach would be questioning. It's what a fan message board is for!

When Billy Napier was hired, he was an unknown. Not a splash hire, but had that splash resume. As fans, we were excited to see who we could get this time around with a nice big resume and it didn't happen. Would someone with a big resume have guaranteed success? Nope!! It would have just felt better.

But no one said they would not support Mike

Heck, we could have hired Nick Saban himself. Would that guarantee success, nope! Does hiring someone with a smaller resume guarantee failure, nope! Only time can answer all our questions and concerns.

When I found out Sunday morning who our new coach was, I had mixed feelings. I too wanted someone with a bigger resume. I had questions and concerns, can't say I still don't have them. But it was also cool that one of our own was going to lead our team.

Anyone who has been a Cajun fan and has followed the program for some time will never, ever question Mike's ability, competitiveness, toughness, football knowledge and work ethic. We have watched him give his blood, sweat and tears to this university. He is the epitome of what Ragin Cajun football is all about.

Having said all of that, Mike is the new head football coach of

MY Alma Mater
    MY Team
    MY Louisiana Ragin Cajuns

Therefore I 100% Support Mike Desormeaux!!

Geaux Cajuns!!!

2. Default Re: I will not support Mike D

I saw the headline and said; Whoa! First time I see that.

Default Re: I will not support Mike D

Quote Originally Posted by RayneCajun View Post
    Who on this board said that?? No one!! Why all the hostility towards people with concerns??

There would be questions no matter who was hired. If the DC from Alabama was hired, the people who wanted an offensive coach would be questioning. If the OC from Ole Miss was hired, the people who wanted a defensive coach would be questioning. It's what a fan message board is for!

When Billy Napier was hired, he was an unknown. Not a splash hire, but had that splash resume. As fans, we were excited to see who we could get this time around with a nice big resume and it didn't happen. Would someone with a big resume have guaranteed success? Nope!! It would have just felt better.

Heck, we could have hired Nick Saban himself. Would that guarantee success, nope! Does hiring someone with a smaller resume guarantee failure, nope! Only time can answer all our questions and concerns.

When I found out Sunday morning who our new coach was, I had mixed feelings. I too wanted someone with a bigger resume. I had questions and concerns, can't say I still don't have them. But it was also cool that one of our own was going to lead our team.

Anyone who has been a Cajun fan and has followed the program for some time will never, ever question Mike's ability, competitiveness, toughness, football knowledge and work ethic. We have watched him give his blood, sweat and tears to this university. He is the epitome of what Ragin Cajun football is all about.

MY Alma Mater
    MY Team

Geaux Cajuns!!!
    Well said. Ask any coach that coached mike in college and they’ll say he is a leader and had complete control of that locker room as a student athlete. No doubt he will be as good as any from January to September. The only concern I have is that he hasn’t coordinated the O or played the chess match that is calling plays, in a live college football game. If he masters that or gets the right person in place to do that, he could be HC here for a long time.

MY Alma Mater
    MY Team

Geaux Cajuns!!!
    Got it. You have concerns. Now what? What do you need to hear? Or does it just make you feel better to point them out?

5. Default Re: I will not support Mike D

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Got it. You have concerns. Now what? What do you need to hear? Or does it just make you feel better to point them out?
    And point it out again and again and again and again . . . Is “I support him but” really support . . .

The suggestion is, we have heard you, now henceforth follow the balance of your one page post, prove you support him, with no reservation . . .

I saw the headline and said why do you hate the Beastie Boys.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Yeah, this goes both ways

MY Alma Mater
    MY Team

Geaux Cajuns!!!
    Thank you!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Fair enough, proceed if it makes you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    And point it out again and again and again and again . . . Is “I support him but” really support . . .

The suggestion is, we have heard you, now henceforth follow the balance of your one page post, prove you support him, with no reservation . . .
    Ok, we got it. Youre tired of hearing it. Then stop responding to every one over and over and over again. See how this works?

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Colony View Post
    I saw the headline and said why do you hate the Beastie Boys.
    Or McDonalds?

12. Default Re: I will not support Mike D

MY Alma Mater
    MY Team

Geaux Cajuns!!!
    I’m in lockstep with you. I don’t think some have said not now Mike because of experience. They’re questioning the integrity of the hire, USL’ing the hire. That’s a real thing that I don’t believe happened.

I absolutely don’t believe Maggard was lazy, inappropriately influenced by powers that be. He’s made a decision that he thinks will bolster his resume. No AD bolsters their resume by being a foolish yes man on a football hire. Good or bad Maggard did what he believes is best for UL today and foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    It seems to me that we should post public questions to get answers.

These are questions that won't start to be answered until kickoff next year.

It's like coaching: You want a winning team, you want winning players? Praise in public, criticize in private.

It's true for us fans, too. Do we want a winning team, do we want to recruit winning players? Do we understand the essential importance of morale & teamwork? Then we need to keep theoretical doubts private.

Because publicly raising questions without answers, but which have negative implications, isn't just just pointless.

It is damaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I saw the headline and said; Whoa! First time I see that.
    LOL.me too. His ploy worked perfectly.

I hope Mr. Rayne works in advertising. Heck, the RCAF should hire him asap.

At the end of the day Dez is my coach no matter how I ranked him. Mags made the decision and I stand by his decision. Moving forward

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread Information