Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pandora's Box Officially: CLOSED [OPEN]

Default Pandora's Box Officially: CLOSED [OPEN]

New NIL program will pay each Texas offensive lineman $50,000 a year

CFB had its run. I guess this is going to be the model for paying players moving forward. Create a "non-profit" and pay players to volunteer (volunteering optional).

Default Re: Pandora's Box Officially: CLOSED [OPEN]

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post

CFB had its run. I guess this is going to be the model for paying players moving forward. Create a "non-profit" and pay players to volunteer (volunteering optional).
    Geezus, man. Ridiculous. Welp! It was fun while it lasted.

That’s on top of the 100k each member of the team will get.

What do you think will happen to the “diamond in the rough” players discovered by the G5’s

Yup, it's over. We thought the coaches contracts were getting ridiculous. This is way crazier than that.

7. Default Re: Pandora's Box Officially: CLOSED [OPEN]

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    What do you think will happen to the “diamond in the rough” players discovered by the G5’s
    They will get in the portal to go collect their check . . .

This is beyond ridiculous

The players are going to be introduced to the real world. They will pay taxes soon on NIL ....it will not fly as a non profit. And we need to stop using the term Student Athlete, it no longer applies to them.

It is time for UL to tap into its oilfield and medical resources to start offensive and defensive line charities because I agree the line is where championships are one… this is getting stupid and unchecked and making it a clear disadvantage to other schools… this has officially ruined college football.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    It is time for UL to tap into its oilfield and medical resources to start offensive and defensive line charities because I agree the line is where championships are one… this is getting stupid and unchecked and making it a clear disadvantage to other schools… this has officially ruined college football.
    LOL....this is like the Boudreaux and Thibodeaux joke when they declared war against Saddam. Every resource we can dream of pulling in isn't going to be a drop in the bucket compared to this. With that said you do something this brazen you are just asking for the lawsuits to start flying and federal government intervention.

12. Default Re: Pandora's Box Officially: CLOSED [OPEN]

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    The same ones they are tapping for a new stadium . . .

13. Default Re: Pandora's Box Officially: CLOSED [OPEN]

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    The players are going to be introduced to the real world. They will pay taxes soon on NIL ....it will not fly as a non profit. And we need to stop using the term Student Athlete, it no longer applies to them.
    Money paid to a non profit is received tax free, however I don’t think money paid by a non profit is received tax free unless it is paid to another nonprofit . . . I don’t think there is a nonprofit category in the tax code for either offensive or defensive linemen . . .

Even pro sports figured out that this doesn't work. Thus the salary caps and other limitations. Keep in mind this is applicable to all of college sports. Duke basketball players get 100K, Oklahoma softball gets 150K, LSU baseball players get 75K. You get the jist.

A bunch of Texas alums think they are pulling off something big when in fact they are sinking the ship for all of us. The interest in college sports is going to plummet under this model. Who cares when only a half dozen teams have a legitimate shot at the grand prize. I've been preaching it this past few days about how critical it is for all FBS conferences to have a seat at the table for a shot at the NC. This is just another blow.

The ultra rich who can't buy an NFL team can now own their own college team.

Meh, just putting the money out in the open. They’ll go back under the table when the IRS gets involved.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information