Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . LastLast

Thread: Napier Coatail Departures

Default Re: How many staff members are still here?

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    It seems like everyday someone is leaving. I know the goal was to keep as much of the staff as possible for continuity, but it seems like we don't have many remaining.
    Especially with the talking point of "we arent starting from scratch, we're just continuing what we have"
    Well, with each passing day, we actually are nearly starting over.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    It seems like everyday someone is leaving. I know the goal was to keep as much of the staff as possible for continuity, but it seems like we don't have many remaining.
    It’s more about keeping the organizational structure in place. Des knows what he needs to fill and he will fill it with his people that he trust to do the job he needs done.

3. Default Re: How many staff members are still here?

You believe he’s been napping all the years he’s been here? I’m going to not worry about the unknowable. He certainly seems confident in his vision and ability to bring it to fruit.

How many connections did BN have as compared to CMD? Although I bet MD made quite a few of his own over these last 4 years.

There are lots of questions about how this will all shake out, but in the end, I trust that BN knew MD enough to recommend him, and of course, that Dr. Maggard has faith in him as well. I have no doubt we will be fine.

It’s about getting the right coaches though. Big names don’t really matter.

One of the coaches Napier took with him he hired from Sam Houston State. One of the personnel guys he got from Central Arkansas and others were guys he built up from interns.

Des will have to do the same.

Have any of you ever pitched a job or hired someone outside of Acadiana? Geeze, give this guy a break, have some faith. It takes some time to get all the "complementary" ducks in a row. You want to assemble a team, not a bunch of self serving individuals all going in different directions. And, its the holidays to boot. My guess is that he has offers out to half of the openings and is waiting to see who says yes. Also, who knows the current HR situation at UL. They're probably all off too.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Have any of you ever pitched a job or hired someone outside of Acadiana? Geeze, give this guy a break, have some faith. It takes some time to get all the "complementary" ducks in a row. You want to assemble a team, not a bunch of self serving individuals all going in different directions. And, its the holidays to boot. My guess is that he has offers out to half of the openings and is waiting to see who says yes. Also, who knows the current HR situation at UL. They're probably all off too.
    We will not hear anything this week. Should start hearing official hires next week.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    We will not hear anything this week. Should start hearing official hires next week.
    While I did mention timing, that wasn't the point of my post.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    He hired Sale as OL and Co-OC as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    It’s more about keeping the organizational structure in place. Des knows what he needs to fill and he will fill it with his people that he trust to do the job he needs done.
    Im just hoping he can fill all those positions before we kick off next year.

Default Re: Staff Changes (OUT/IN)

CURRENTLY AT LOUISIANA
    Michael Desormeaux (Head Coach)
    Tim Leger (Co-OC/Recruiting Coordinator/WR)
    Rory Segrest (Asst Head Coach/DL)
    Jeff Norrid (Asst Head Coach/OL)
    Galen Scott (ILB)
    Jeff Burris (CB)
    Wes Neighbors (S)
    Chris Couch (Special Teams/Director of QC & Analytics)
    Troy Wingerter (Director of Football Ops)
    Darren Walker (Asst Director of Athletics for Video Operations)
    Frank Ogas (Director of Player Development)
    Connor Neighbors (Asst Strength Coach)

COMING TO LOUISIANA
    Will start being announced soon. Mike wants to have all on-field staff in place for when the players return in January.

HEADING TO FLORIDA
    Patrick Toney (Co-Defensive Coordinator/Safeties)
    Mark Hocke (Associate Head Coach/Strength & Conditioning)
    Jabbar Juluke (Asst Head Coach/RB)
    Ryan O'Hara (Offensive Analyst/QBs)
    Jacob LaFrance (Director of Player Personnel)
    Kyle Kazakevicius (Director of Recruiting & Football Logistics)
    Andrew Burkett (Administrative Assistant (Football & Video)
    Ashour Peera (Director of Player Engagement)
    Joe Hamilton
    Edward Thompson (Director of Speed Improvement)
    Darnell Stapleton (Asst OL)
    Douglas Domingue
    Karmichael Dunbar

Briazja Wade (Direct of On-Campus Recruiting) - Hasn't posted where she's heading.

Stop panicking people! If we're bringing in coaches from bowl teams, it won't be announced until after they play. We will fill on-field coaching spots soon. Will be announced allowed.

Et tu Karmichael?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Et tu Karmichael?
    Yup, I told the Florida fans he was off limits but that didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I wonder this as wellespecially, how many connections did BN have as compared to CMD? Although I bet MD made quite a few of his own over these last 4 years.

There are lots of questions about how this will all shake out, but in the end, I trust that BN knew MD enough to recommend him, and of course, that Dr. Maggard has faith in him as well. I have no doubt we will be fine.
    Man listen. This is a business. Billy Napier is worried about making Billy Napier successful. He is no longer worried about his ex employer. Yes, i think Billy left the “right way” by coaching the championship game…but i seriously doubt there was a handshake agreement regarding current coaches or support staff. And as far as BN contacts bs MD contacts….its like a major leagues to high school comparison. Doesnt mean MD cant do it, just aint gonna be easy to replace the quality across the entire organization right away. Think about the guys BN has been in the foxholes with grinding it out daily. Hes worked on SEVERAL staffs and with SEVERAL hundreds of people throughout the years. MD has not had that opportunity. Whoever thought this was about “maintaining” was fooling themselves…including Maggard

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . LastLast

Thread Information