Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cut the Negative Crap Out

Default Cut the Negative Crap Out

Alright guys, it’s time to cut all the doubting of this hire out. It’s a done deal, and if I’m being honest I love the hire of Desormeaux and I’m a pretty harsh critic of all of our coaches. I expect excellence and every program competing for championships.

Mike Desormeaux will be a fantastic HC here. He is relentless as a competitor, tremendous football IQ and as detail oriented as you can be.

If this program continues to fund the assistant salary pool and support staff like we have, under Napier, then we will continue to have extreme success.

I wasn’t a Desormeaux cheerleader. I preferred a P5 DC to come in as the HC and give the entire offense to Desormeaux/Lege because I have extreme confidence in those guys to produce results.

The optics are the optics, but that doesn’t mean Desormeaux wasn’t the RIGHT MAN!!!

Let’s see who comes in on staff and go from their.

2. Default Re: Cut the Negative Crap Out

Why would we all of a sudden stop funding the pool of $$ for assistant and support staff salaries . . .

Default Re: Cut the Negative Crap Out

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Why would we all of a sudden stop funding the pool of $$ for assistant and support staff salaries . . .
    I seriously doubt that they are going to pay the same pool of money to bring in new assistants. The current funding level was based off of 4 years of success and growth. I'm guessing it will depend on what kind of coordinators we can pull in and go by experience etc.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I seriously doubt that they are going to pay the same pool of money to bring in new assistants. The current funding level was based off of 4 years of success and growth. I'm guessing it will depend on what kind of coordinators we can pull in and go by experience etc.
    We sure as hell won’t pull money from it.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    We sure as hell won’t pull money from it.
    So, you're going to pay the new incoming assistants what you were paying Toney and Juluke? Regardless of experience or past success?

So, you're going to pay the new incoming assistants what you were paying Toney and Juluke? Regardless of experience or past success?
    Listen to Scott's interview with Dr. Maggard. It will answer a lot of your questions.

I would say the pool should be very close to the same. Paying a HC less and assistant salaries more is the way to go at a program of our stature.

Any doubt I had about the hire dissolved when I saw the video introducing Dez to the team as the HC.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Alright guys, it’s time to cut all the doubting of this hire out. It’s a done deal, and if I’m being honest I love the hire of Desormeaux and I’m a pretty harsh critic of all of our coaches. I expect excellence and every program competing for championships.

Mike Desormeaux will be a fantastic HC here. He is relentless as a competitor, tremendous football IQ and as detail oriented as you can be.

If this program continues to fund the assistant salary pool and support staff like we have, under Napier, then we will continue to have extreme success.

I wasn’t a Desormeaux cheerleader. I preferred a P5 DC to come in as the HC and give the entire offense to Desormeaux/Lege because I have extreme confidence in those guys to produce results.

The optics are the optics, but that doesn’t mean Desormeaux wasn’t the RIGHT MAN!!!

Agree! The funding levels for support staff and assistant coaches is key going forward. While some may be a bit surprised by the hire, Mike Desormeaux will learn what is necessary to keep this program moving forward.

And yes, Trust in Dr. Maggard but he doesn't pay the bills. If the current levels of commitment in funding is maintained, or increased the program will be fine.

The players reaction when he was introduced as the new HC should have sold everyone. The players know where they are, feared losing what they helped build, and their reaction tells me that all is well with the team and continued vision for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatordad View Post
    The players reaction when he was introduced as the new HC should have sold everyone. The players know where they are, feared losing what they helped build, and their reaction tells me that all is well with the team and continued vision for the future.
    All the best to you Gator Dad!!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post

Bringing up legitimate concerns is not "negative crap".

Listened to Dr. Maggard on KPEL this morning and he said the pool of money for assistants will stay the same.

So you’re going to say go out and continue our success but you have to do it on a reduced budget?

Quote Originally Posted by Gatordad View Post
    Player reaction is great but we already knew the players loved Mike and many others on this staff. The questions will only be answered once we get through hiring of replacement staff, recruiting and of course when we see it on the field.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information