Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cut the Negative Crap Out

Default Re: Cut the Negative Crap Out

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    So you’re going to say go out and continue our success but you have to do it on a reduced budget?
    No, what I'm saying is are you going to pay the next DC what Toney was making regardless of whether he has experience and track record for success? Are you going to pay Des the same money that you were paying Napier in the sense of continuing our success? Of course not. I'm saying it depends on who is hired and what their experience is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Listened to Dr. Maggard on KPEL this morning and he said the pool of money for assistants will stay the same.
    Right, which he specified was $2.5 million. He also made sure to say CMD will receive the same level of support and attention for the program needs that CBN received from the admin.

Ian had a really good interview with him this morning, worth a listen if Ian posts the interview in podcast form.

Ian also asked where would CBN's buyout money go, and Dr. Maggard said operating budget and left it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatordad View Post
    The players reaction when he was introduced as the new HC should have sold everyone. The players know where they are, feared losing what they helped build, and their reaction tells me that all is well with the team and continued vision for the future.
    No offense Gatordad, but that means about as much as a big pregame rah rah speech. It lasts until the first time you get the hell knocked out of you. The fastest way to go from being everybody's favorite person, to being the biggest jerk on campus is to get the head job. The pick is made & it's too late to whine about it now, especially with Billy's endorsement. But asking important questions & asking if those questions were being asked is not being negative.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Bringing up legitimate concerns is not "negative crap".
    Concerns yes, but that other thread wasn’t concerns. It’s was negativity.

Michael Desormeaux will be as good a HC as his support staff will be. I have Zero doubt that he will continue the same process that he was a part of building here. Billy Napier gets the credit, but he sure as hell didn’t do it alone.

By all accounts Desormeaux and Rob Sale were Napier’s go to guys. Sale was my number 1 choice for HC. Then a P5 DC, then Desormeaux in that order.

We now have a HC who will be here for the right reasons and will be successful.

His hires on the defensive side of the ball will make or break him as a HC. It sure as hell won’t be because he isn’t Qualified.

5. UL Football Re: Cut the Negative Crap Out

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    No offense Gatordad, but that means about as much as a big pregame rah rah speech. It lasts until the first time you get the hell knocked out of you. The fastest way to go from being everybody's favorite person, to being the biggest jerk on campus is to get the head job. The pick is made & it's too late to whine about it now, especially with Billy's endorsement. But asking important questions & asking if those questions were being asked is not being negative.
    IMO those important concerns were all voiced before the hire. Continuing to ask, or more accurately demand more information than anyone else ever gets is ______ing and moaning pure and simple.

Those guys can say I told you so on the first mistake, or loss. That’s as certain as the sun rising in the East.

6. Default Re: Cut the Negative Crap Out

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    BWK, you gotta be kidding You don't think having the players be excited is important? Is it everything? Certainly not. Is it something? It certainly is.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    BWK, you gotta be kidding You don't think having the players be excited is important? Is it everything? Certainly not. Is it something? It certainly is.
    The players will bust their collective asses for Mike. That might go a long way on 12/18

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Bringing up legitimate concerns is not "negative crap".
    Yes, read that a thousand times about MBB. And that poor horse has been beaten into dust. Just sayin’…tolerance cuts both ways.

9. Default Re: Cut the Negative Crap Out

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Yes, read that a thousand times about MBB. And that poor horse has been beaten into dust. Just sayin’…tolerance cuts both ways.
    He's not wrong though The Pro-Bob, Pro-Levi, etc camps are as guilty at times of lack of tolerance as the Anti camps We have to learn from those discussion and treat Mike differently. This is the first time one of our own gets an opportunity likes this. We have to do it differently this time. For so many reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    IMO those important concerns were all voiced before the hire. Continuing to ask, or more accurately demand more information than anyone else ever gets is ______ing and moaning pure and simple.

Those guys can say I told you so on the first mistake, or loss. That’s as certain as the sun rising in the East.
    Maybe you can create a board with 100% sunshine pumping 24/7. Peoples concerns are legitimate. As many times as they need to say it. Especially when you have people reacting with blind allegiance. What reallyneeds to stop is the heavy menstruating when people have concerns or criticisms. Whats the point of a fan board if we cant have differing viewpoints. Without making them personal of course.

Never said anything was wrong. But if someone has a gripe, it’s always been let it rip potato chip. Nobody should be a hypocrite.

I’m content with CMD because that’s who Maggard picked. If we go back to a jet sweep offense of the Bustle days, then I’m concerned.

With the talent we have, don’t see that happening.

But I do like the new MAT better. Podcast has changed him.

12. Default Re: Cut the Negative Crap Out

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Alright guys, it’s time to cut all the doubting of this hire out. It’s a done deal, and if I’m being honest I love the hire of Desormeaux and I’m a pretty harsh critic of all of our coaches. I expect excellence and every program competing for championships.

Mike Desormeaux will be a fantastic HC here. He is relentless as a competitor, tremendous football IQ and as detail oriented as you can be.

If this program continues to fund the assistant salary pool and support staff like we have, under Napier, then we will continue to have extreme success.

I wasn’t a Desormeaux cheerleader. I preferred a P5 DC to come in as the HC and give the entire offense to Desormeaux/Lege because I have extreme confidence in those guys to produce results.

The optics are the optics, but that doesn’t mean Desormeaux wasn’t the RIGHT MAN!!!

Let’s see who comes in on staff and go from their.
    ….Interesting that you mention the Des/Leger offense….when he was the guest at the QB club mentioned the 2 working together and Des more of a detailed guy…l.he then went on to explain the different inside and outside zone reads with ROPs…also the shifts and motions and past breakdowns of tape to produce a desired def formation to attack…we gonna be OK!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I sure wouldn't want to see them storm out of the room in anger. But a guy who recruited most of those guys should be loved. Here's the thing. You don't think the Notre Dame players weren't all excited about their DC getting hired? Of course players are gonna naturally want one of their own & be more excited about that. I'm not mad about it. But the main thing people want to know is that Mike was heads & shoulders above every other candidate. Because if UL was ever in a position to cherry pick the best candidate possible, it was now.

My concerns (NOT negative )
    MD: who can he bring in as assts compared to who
    Jay Johnson or Pete Golden might have been able to bring in as assts.
    MD might be the best coach out there but
    Would the SAME talented potential OC/DCs (and other assts) AND RECRUITS who might have been convinced to come to UL by a Golden/Johnson HC BE THE SAME CALIBER as those willing to come to UL when asked by an untested, lesser known, less experienced CMD.
    Those are legitimate questions I have (and since no one really KNOWS the answer to these hypotheticals) no one can answer.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    No, what I'm saying is are you going to pay the next DC what Toney was making regardless of whether he has experience and track record for success? Are you going to pay Des the same money that you were paying Napier in the sense of continuing our success? Of course not. I'm saying it depends on who is hired and what their experience is.
    I think the answer to that question is you give Coach Desormeaux the funds to go out and hire a DC that he wants and that answers your question. Toney was not a DC until Roberts left, so anyone with a similar resume or better should be given a similar contract.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information