Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Cut the Negative Crap Out

Default Re: Cut the Negative Crap Out

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Yes, read that a thousand times about MBB. And that poor horse has been beaten into dust. Just sayin’…tolerance cuts both ways.
    We are beyond the point of "concern" for MBB.

All of Bobs players love him.

3. Default Re: Cut the Negative Crap Out

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    All of Bobs players love him.
    Bobby is like a bad credit risk. I’d rather get a guy without any history than to a guy whose been a poor payer.

Clearly not The same situation with Bob and Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Bobby is like a bad credit risk. I’d rather get a guy without any history than to a guy whose been a poor payer.

Clearly not The same situation with Bob and Mike.
    Yes. I'd be much more willing to pull the trigger on a younger, up and coming but unproven coach than in football where the foundation is already there. At this point, I'd be behind just about anybody for the MBB job outside of what we have.

We have a commissioner from a basketball conference. Dude has to know the college MBB network. When the time comes, clean house, national search, start fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Yes, read that a thousand times about MBB. And that poor horse has been beaten into dust. Just sayin’…tolerance cuts both ways.
    Apples and oranges. Several years into a tenure and 48 hours into a tenure. No comparison.

7. Default Re: Cut the Negative Crap Out

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I sure wouldn't want to see them storm out of the room in anger. But a guy who recruited most of those guys should be loved. Here's the thing. You don't think the Notre Dame players weren't all excited about their DC getting hired? Of course players are gonna naturally want one of their own & be more excited about that. I'm not mad about it. But the main thing people want to know is that Mike was heads & shoulders above every other candidate. Because if UL was ever in a position to cherry pick the best candidate possible, it was now.
    Fair point, but I'll counter with this: If Mike didn't get this job, he was going to get another. How mad would we be if he went elsewhere, replicated what Napier and staff did here, and then went on to be a big name in college coaching?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Fair point, but I'll counter with this: If Mike didn't get this job, he was going to get another. How mad would we be if he went elsewhere, replicated what Napier and staff did here, and then went on to be a big name in college coaching?
    Please clarify. Last I heard on here, he was looking to go to NV to be their coach?

9. Default Re: Cut the Negative Crap Out

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Please clarify. Last I heard on here, he was looking to go to NV to be their coach?
    you have to consider that source and that was over 4 years ago . . .

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    You may be thinking about Matt but he will probably head to Admiral Doyle once the dust clears in a few weeks. Major shakeups coming.

I’m on board.

LET’S GEAUX!!

He's not wrong though.. The Pro-Bob, Pro-Levi, etc camps are as guilty at times of lack of tolerance as the Anti camps.. We have to learn from those discussion and treat Mike differently. This is the first time one of our own gets an opportunity likes this. We have to do it differently this time. For so many reasons.
    I never heard Levi claim after a loss to App or Coastal that it’s tough because we’re their Super Bowl and they all envy what we have.

You won’t hear Dez after a loss whine that the Sunbelt football schedule is so much tougher than the basketball one, and there’s no easy wins.

Someone nabbed my rebuttal to you & posted it elsewhere. BTW, when is the next pod about all of these happenings?

14. Default Re: Cut the Negative Crap Out

We have a lot in the hopper. Collaboration with the new conference members, obviously we’ll recap this past Saturday, cover Mike (trying to see if we can get him on actually) and a big time NOLA preview. Lots of work ahead. But we think you guys will be pleased.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information