Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 40 over 4

I have a Question 40 over 4

Think about it, guys.

That's how many games we've won in the last four years.

I remember when it took us five years to win nine games.

And, a win over Marshall will give us the nation's longest winning streak (unless Cincy wins the Natty.)

We can complain about Levi, the coaching search or playing in the NO Bowl, but take a minute to enjoy what we have.

Default Re: 40

Thank you Jay. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the product you're seeing.

We won 17 games in 4 years when I was a student.

Or in a different perspective…

We won 40 games from 1996-2007.

Wow.

I was a student for five football seasons (took the 4 1/2 year graduation route). In those five seasons, we won 13 games. That's basically 2.5 wins per year.

I'm ecstatic with what this group has accomplished, and I fully believe Levi Lewis deserves to have his name on the wall. We don't win that game Saturday without a good mobile, shifty QB like him. App State defenders got pressure up the middle all damn game long.

I still think we got the shaft in the bowl selection.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    We won 17 games in 4 years when I was a student.

Or in a different perspective…

We won 40 games from 1996-2007.

Wow.
    We won 3 games over 2 years when I was a walk-on. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Think about it, guys.

And, a win over Marshall will give us the nation's longest winning streak (unless Cincy wins the Natty.)

We can complain about Levi, the coaching search or playing in the NO Bowl, but take a minute to enjoy what we have.

From a guy who remembers Rafael Septien and Roy Henry I really do appreciate where we are and what Saturday night meant. Good reality check Jay

"40" is a favorite U2 song....

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Think about it, guys.

Great perspective. As a Cajun fan for many years, I know almost everything about bad football. All of our previous success was based off of finding 2-3 elite players and having them make us look respectable. Soon as they left it was back to sub .500 ball. We now have a team, not based on superstars, but solid players at almost every position. IMHO this is a recipe for continued success.

Talk about perspective. In my 5 1/2 years on campus (6 football season), we were 26-43!

Its great to be a Cajun fan!!!!

10 years ago right now we were talking about another number. 41, as in how many years it had been since the Cajuns had played in a bowl game. We were all on cloud 9 then, the way this program has improved over the past decade is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I was a student for five football seasons (took the 4 1/2 year graduation route). In those five seasons, we won 13 games. That's basically 2.5 wins per year.

I'm ecstatic with what this group has accomplished, and I fully believe Levi Lewis deserves to have his name on the wall. We don't win that game Saturday without a good mobile, shifty QB like him. App State defenders got pressure up the middle all damn game long.

I still think we got the shaft in the bowl selection.
    I agree that Levi played a very good game. But I think Bailey should have been the MVP. He was really the difference maker.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    I agree that Levi played a very good game. But Bailey I think Bailey should have been the MVP. He was really the difference maker.
    I would have been happy with either. But, man in a game like that, getting off to a good start is crucial. Levi threw for one and ran for one to give us a 14-0 lead.

Huge. That's why he would have gotten my vote if I had one.

14. Default Re: 40

Without Levi big plays Bailey probably not getting carries. We’d be passing to try and catch up. I’m fine with MVP winner.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    I agree that Levi played a very good game. But I think Bailey should have been the MVP. He was really the difference maker.
    I was thinkning the same thing. Though LL did make some of his best throws of the year in this one....QB always gets more praise and criticism.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information