Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 40 over 4

Default Re: 40

Thanks Jay for reminding us to appreciate how wonderful it feels to be on Cloud 9. Soak it in thoroughly and enjoy the ride. Some of us have been diehard fans through those 40 years without a bowl and others lived from the last sole conference championship in WW2. We don't need to jump ahead with worrying needlessly about some changes that might come.

I was on campus from 1997 til fall 2001. 9-46

3. UL Football Re: 40

Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post
    Thanks Jay for reminding us to appreciate how wonderful it feels to be on Cloud 9. Soak it in thoroughly and enjoy the ride. Some of us have been diehard fans through those 40 years without a bowl and others lived from the last sole conference championship in WW2. We don't need to jump ahead with worrying needlessly about some changes that might come.
    Think we won the 1970 Gulf States championship against Terry Bradshaw. Got manhandled in the Grantland Rice Bowl in Red Stick. WWII was AP top 25!

Regardless way too long for either.

Consider this….from 2011 til now: 91 wins. From 2000 - 2010: 45 wins

I remember Boomer kicking. And the guy before him. And our first announced crowd of 10,000 at McNaspy. There have been a lot of not so good teams since my first game in 63.
    These are for sure the good old days.

6. Default Re: 40

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    I remember Boomer kicking. And the guy before him. And our first announced crowd of 10,000 at McNaspy. There have been a lot of not so good teams since my first game in 63.
    These are for sure the good old days.
    ….So terrible in ‘63 but champs in ‘65……oh how quickly the Ws and the Ls can change…..again I love Gerald B’s saying of how hard it is to win a football game……Coaching, talent, motivation, desire, analytics, LUCK, and much more go into those outcomes……btw loved what T-Joe had to say about an alumnus returning to his Alma mater and the demand, effort, and desire for achievement that is behoving of his new position….intrinsic motivation…..let’s go kick some butt Coach Des!!!

We played Tennessee State in the Grantland Rice Bowl and lost 26-25. We missed an extra point early in the contest and it became the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    We played Tennessee State in the Grantland Rice Bowl and lost 26-25. We missed an extra point early in the contest and it became the difference.
    Snyder kicked in that game too?

9. Default Re: 40

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Snyder kicked in that game too?
    No Snyder doesn’t miss extra points. Just FG

10. Default Re: 40 over 4

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Think about it, guys.

That's how many games we've won in the last four years.
    40 over 4 is awesome.

I give that stat a 10

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    Was Joe Gilliam the QB?

Quote Originally Posted by ZZeebart21 View Post
    Was Joe Gilliam the QB?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    I was on campus from 1997 til fall 2001. 9-46
    Actually 9-45-1. But who's counting??? LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information