Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: UF coach billy napier

1. Default Re: UF coach billy napier

Those risky 4th downs won’t be without pain in the SEC. Billy was extremely fortunate none costed us a game this year. We were missing the mark more often later in the season. Still I never said don’t.

Default Re: UF coach billy napier

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Those risky 4th downs won’t be without pain in the SEC. Billy was extremely fortunate none costed us a game this year. We were missing the mark more often later in the season. Still I never said don’t.
    Billy understood the risk or lack thereof. Our defense was dependable and our kicker wasn’t. Going for it on 4th was the right call many times this season given the set of circumstances we faced.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    I hope it works out for him. I really do.

But Billy is a class act who places his players above winning-at-all-costs, and I have grave misgivings about SEC football programs. I hope UF proves me wrong.
    Billy's gonna be fine. Those fans have gotten the best seal of approval you can get. When the fans from a coach's previous school speak as highly of him as we do, that is as high of a recommendation as a coach can hope for. If the fans are happy, the administration will be happy. Billy reminds me in little ways of a lot of great coaches. He has a little part Mack Brown, a little part Bobby Bowden & a little Nick Saban, thankfully not too much to me.

He'll have a good kicker at UF.

Billy’s gone. He is set for life. Not worried about him, more worried about the UL program and where it’s headed.

I hear scared money don't make money.

7. Default Re: UF coach billy napier

Quote Originally Posted by SUGator51 View Post
    Or like I like to say.
    "Scared Money has No Defense."

The kicker Christman out of eligibility correct? He’s a really good one

It don’t make field goals either.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    When asked about his plan, he spoke on hiring an army of people. Emphasis on media and online presence. This is one thing I hope doesn't fall off as we enter the CMD era. With hiring from within, I hope we don't lose the ability of the head football coach to hold the administration accountable on their continued commitment to the FB program.
    This

11. Default Re: UF coach billy napier

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    When asked about his plan, he spoke on hiring an army of people. Emphasis on media and online presence. This is one thing I hope doesn't fall off as we enter the CMD era. With hiring from within, I hope we don't lose the ability of the head football coach to hold the administration accountable on their continued commitment to the FB program.
    I don’t think Louisiana is Dr Maggard’s last stop. He has a vested interest in this hire and assuring that the intangibles which made the last hire a home run stay in place if this hire will be a home run.

12. Default Re: UF coach billy napier

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    But that's part of college sports: repeat, repeat, repeat. Focus on your message relentlessly, and repeat.

College players aren't dumb, but they're young. Hell, I'm an old man, and I have to repeat things to myself, and repeat mistakes, before I get it.

And anyway, I think Billy has proven his method.
    ….Repititio est mater studiorum…….Coach was talking one day about the learning time for a new opponent….not only on the cognitive but also the effective levels….you got it doc….over and over and over!i

Napier will win a National Title at Florida by year 6.

There needs to be a cultural shift at Florida. Once the players buy in you will see a noticeable change in performance.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Napier will win a National Title at Florida by year 6.

There needs to be a cultural shift at Florida. Once the players buy in you will see a noticeable change in performance.
    I’m willing to bet it will be before that

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I’m willing to bet it will be before that
    Possibly, but there is a huge culture problem. It has been there since Urban.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information