Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: UF coach billy napier

Default UF coach billy napier

Watching his press conference and trying not to cry. Only thing saving me is the hope we won’t throw the ball to WRs behind the line of scrimmage so much moving forward. Other than that it’s a gut punch.

Default Re: UF coach billy napier

When asked about his plan, he spoke on hiring an army of people. Emphasis on media and online presence. This is one thing I hope doesn't fall off as we enter the CMD era. With hiring from within, I hope we don't lose the ability of the head football coach to hold the administration accountable on their continued commitment to the FB program.

I could only make it through a few minutes. I’m happy for him and his family, but that was like watching videos of an ex with their new significant other.

Link?

I watched his press conference & I also watched Brian Kelly's press conference as well this week. The two of them couldn't have been more diametrically opposed. Billy is all business. He has a complete blueprint in his mind of how to rebuild the Florida program going forward to the strongest it can become. It is a comprehensive plan that he obviously took from Nick Saban at Alabama & has perfected it to meet his criteria here for his own use. The plan is specific, inclusive & detailed to fit every person in the Florida family from the upper administration right down to the fans. He was also humble & showed great appreciation for a lot of people along the way on his road.

The other slung a lot of bull crap, kissed up to the administration & basically proclaimed himself the next savior of you know who football. My money's on Billy winning that little race.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I could only make it through a few minutes. I’m happy for him and his family, but that was like watching videos of an ex with their new significant other.
    You did better than me. I didn’t even try to watch it

His UF presser was almost the exact same as his UL presser. Had a case of deja vu.

But yeah, he specifically detoured to thank UL's administration and to talk a little about his experience there.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    Link?
    UF CBN Presser

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    That is a great description.was happy for him but something just didn't feel right. So I quit watching.

Quote Originally Posted by SUGator51 View Post
    His UF presser was almost the exact same as his UL presser. Had a case of deja vu.

But yeah, he specifically detoured to thank UL's administration and to talk a little about his experience there.
    If a plan works why overhaul it? It obviously works at Alabama. It hasn't done so bad here either. Why reinvent the wheel? He will make the necessary adjustments to the timing belt & carburetor as needed. But make no mistake this guy doesn't just drive the car. He's a master mechanic who understands the workings of the whole engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    If a plan works why overhaul it? It obviously works at Alabama. It hasn't done so bad here either. Why reinvent the wheel? He will make the necessary adjustments to the timing belt & carburetor as needed. But make no mistake this guy doesn't just drive the car. He's a master mechanic who understands the workings of the whole engine.
    I'm with it. We hired the guy for "the journey."

No complaints from me he's using his intro presser script from 4 years ago.

Here's the deal. You didn't hear him over promise one thing in that conference that I can recall in the recruiting end anyway. And that is because he's smart. he's not going to paint himself into a corner. he'll get his share of 4 & 5 star players. But where Billy really master's the game is getting guys who are underrated by the system & letting them work their tails off to prove they were better than the system ranked them. Those are the guys that make up the core of your whole program. The four & five start guys are the icing on the cake. The cake is the lunch pail guys.

13. Default Re: UF coach billy napier

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Here's the deal. You didn't hear him over promise one thing in that conference that I can recall in the recruiting end anyway. And that is because he's smart. he's not going to paint himself into a corner. he'll get his share of 4 & 5 star players. But where Billy really master's the game is getting guys who are underrated by the system & letting them work their tails off to prove they were better than the system ranked them. Those are the guys that make up the core of your whole program. The four & five start guys are the icing on the cake. The cake is the lunch pail guys.
    I can’t believe you giving Florida all your aliceshoe confidential information . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Watching his press conference and trying not to cry.
    I hope it works out for him. I really do.

But Billy is a class act who places his players above winning-at-all-costs, and I have grave misgivings about SEC football programs. I hope UF proves me wrong.

But that's part of college sports: repeat, repeat, repeat. Focus on your message relentlessly, and repeat.

College players aren't dumb, but they're young. Hell, I'm an old man, and I have to repeat things to myself, and repeat mistakes, before I get it.

And anyway, I think Billy has proven his method.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information