Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst . 29 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 . LastLast

Thread: Football Staff specULation

Default Re: Football Staff specULation

Quote Originally Posted by RaginRob80 View Post
    From when he was hired at Florida:

A native of Mandeville, La., Bergeron spent the last four seasons (2018-21) at Louisiana, helping the Ragin' Cajuns to four straight Sun Belt West Division titles, a share of the Sun Belt title in 2020 and 2021 Sun Belt Conference Champions.

Bergeron served as a graduate assistant his first two seasons at Louisiana, working with the quarterbacks in 2018 and the wide receivers in 2019. As an analyst, Bergeron worked with the wide receivers in 2020 and the tight ends in 2021.

Prior to Louisiana, Bergeron spent the 2016 and 2017 seasons at Arizona State, where he worked with the receiving corps as graduate assistant and quality control.

A graduate of the University of Southern Mississippi, Bergeron was a quarterback on Golden Eagles football team from 2013-16.

I was told that Bergeron was activated for recruiting each year Billy was here.Billy was grooming him for an on field position. A players dad told me Bergeron was Napiers right hand man who came here with Billy from ASU to set up the process.
    I know Coach Dez wanted to get this one back!

Now Portal kids, That's all NIL bull_____ just like the linemen that left
    They actually entered the portal Jan 3, three days ago according to the NCAA
    Well that's encouraging

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Just telling you what I know BJ. Tony wanted to be here. All that other stuff I’ll let you have
    You can ask him, why he hasn't returned for reunions even between jobs, or join his former teammates in the Gridiron Iron Club? As for Faulk, my understanding is his wife didn't want him on the road recruiting right now.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    You can ask him, why he hasn't returned for reunions even between jobs, or join his former teammates in the Gridiron Iron Club? As for Faulk, my understanding is his wife didn't want him on the road recruiting right now.
    Yessir. I’ll report back

Or on the same day he entered the portal and committed within hours.
    I found out earlier the players actually found on New Year’s Eve. So it wasn’t knee jerk reaction on the same day. Matt was calling players as soon as New Year’s Day. I also heard emani has a brother at TCU and he may have went there no matter who the coach to be named was.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I found out earlier the players actually found on New Year’s Eve. So it wasn’t knee jerk reaction on the same day. Matt was calling players as soon as New Year’s Day. I also heard emani has a brother at TCU and he may have went there no matter who the coach to be named was.
    Yes, but they could have signed him out of HS. It's the NIL money and the fact that Evans left TCU for Ole Miss.

Yes, but they could have signed him out of HS. It's the NIL money and the fact that Evans left TCU for Ole Miss.
    Who do you see being the Nola area recruiter on this staff?

Do you have any ideas has who going to fill the analyst position and other staff positions

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Lamar is official by far the best hire.
    He may be. George Munoz brings much more experience as OC, WR, and QB coach. Considering the offensive side of the ball will have a former OC and head coach as an analyst to go along with the experience Munoz and Leger bring we will be fine there. We definitely need Lamar to be a home run because the coaches are definitely a lot younger on that side of the ball.

He may be. George Munoz brings more much more experience as OC, WR, and QB coach. Considering the offensive side of the ball will have a former OC and head coach as an analyst to go along with the experience Munoz and Leger bring we will be fine there. We definitely need Lamar to be a home run because the coaches are definitely a lot younger on that side of the ball.
    Jorge was definitely a great addition to the staff.

Who do you see being the Nola area recruiter on this staff?
    That's going to be interesting because Morgan has been great in North Louisiana at Houston and Vanderbilt. And he does well in East Texas as well.

Scott is okay in North Texas and in Baton Rouge. If you are replacing Juluke in New Orleans with a minority coach on the staff to me its Burris. But I don't have a clue.

So Morgan and Neighbors will both coach safety?

Quote Originally Posted by cajungmg View Post
    Morgan will be the DC. He could also coach safeties and move Neighbors. Those guys are very capable of moving positions at this level. The RB Coach was a TE and WR analyst in the past. To my knowledge never worked with RBs before.

Morgan will be the DC. He could also coach safeties and move Neighbors. Those guys are very capable of moving positions at this level. The RB Coach was a TE and WR analyst in the past. To my knowledge never worked with RBs before.
    Move neighbors where? From my understanding all defensive positions are filled.

Move neighbors where? From my understanding all defensive positions are filled.
    I didn’t look position by position. In that case Morgan will coordinate the D and Neighbors will stay with safeties. I’d assume.

Burris coaches CB, so Morgan could coach Safety/DC and Neighbors could move to OLB. Just tossing that out.

Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst . 29 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 . LastLast

Thread Information