Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 LastLast

Thread: Football Staff specULation

Default Re: Football Staff specULation

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    EXACTLY! My concern is simply the high school barn door is open.
    Looks like your issue is more about perception than fact.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Looks like your issue is more about perception than fact.
    Made that point a few times. Was NEVER directed at the person, but man…

But people defending this like it’s their sister. So much so, one individual went the route of name calling. Makes me feel like I accidentally hit the nail on the head. Or they’re trolling…

Don’t bother B, blocked you.

But people defending this like it’s their sister. So much so, one individual went the route of name calling. Makes me feel like I accidentally hit the nail on the head. Or they’re trolling…

Never will attack you....but I'm suggesting you understand that, in some cases, it's ok to hire people that haven't been around college athletics a lot or at all. The person can fit the job description without collegiate experience. Especially when it comes to academics.

Mr. Zoom,
    This is a stressful time for all Louisiana supporters.... (can't even imagine the stress level within the athletic department. However, we all have to take a deep breath. It seems before we make any judgements as to a particular hire, it would be good to know the job description and the applicant/new hire's background. If this is indeed a primarily academic position working to keep athletes on schedule, then I can see where someone with teaching experience might be a good fit.

From what I can gather, this is a staff position and not one where the person will generate much publicity or even have contact with the public. Experience and goodness of fit are the primary requisites.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    Mr. Zoom,
    This is a stressful time for all Louisiana supporters.... (can't even imagine the stress level within the athletic department. However, we all have to take a deep breath. It seems before we make any judgements as to a particular hire, it would be good to know the job description and the applicant/new hire's background. If this is indeed a primarily academic position working to keep athletes on schedule, then I can see where someone with teaching experience might be a good fit.

From what I can gather, this is a staff position and not one where the person will generate much publicity or even have contact with the public. Experience and goodness of fit are the primary requisites.
    If we all step back and take a deep breath I think we will see it as not as bad as it seams. So far what mike has done with on field and S&C coaches have been great. The kid he pulled from Ole Miss recruiting dept appears to be a solid hire. Only 6 kids in this new age of NIL and transfer portal. Relax everyone all is good on Reinhardt Dr.

6. Default Re: Football Staff specULation

I’ll say this about high school educated employees. Two of the smartest, trustworthy employees I ever hired were still in high school when I hired them. I’d match either one with a rookie college graduate. Neither had the resources to get to college.

Jay, covcaj and Nilly…Thank you gentlemen for the civil discussion. I have faith in CMD since Maggard and T-Joe do. May have had a moment of CDS/we’re USLing again. Everyone knew the day was coming, and the uncertainty has made for crazy days here. It just happened to be my turn.

We’ll know how all this shakes out by next December. Now to work on patience…

God bless…ZZ

Sorry, I’m disgusted with where this program has gone the past few weeks. A nationally known brand where supposedly people wanted to be here to hiring high school support staff. Polish that turd all you want, blame the portal, Billy, NIL…this is a horrific look. What other h/s hires we can expect? Door has been opened.
    Just step back and take deep breath. Things will get better.

Is our staff complete now?

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Is our staff complete now?
    I believe on-field staff is done, assuming no attrition. Morgan coming in as DC may want some different personnel.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Bless you for posting that. If she's like Ms. MacKay, she's alright with me.
    I am grateful you appreciated the reference.

Dudes _____ing about the equivalent of a team mom. Do your homework. Go to class. Study before tests. But we need some perception hire. Gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Dudes _____ing about the equivalent of a team mom. Do your homework. Go to class. Study before tests. But we need some perception hire. Gtfo.
    That is about the size of it. The RPCA is vetting every hire. Maybe they figured Desomeaux should have hired some washed up muscle head coach to tend to academics (HUD comes to mind) Surely don't hire someone involved in the pursuit of education. Some of you guys need to step away from the ledge.

The position is necessary considering a number of athletes gain entrance on the Sliding Scale. This is important when you are recruiting great athletes with lower academics.

Tim Leger officially announced as OC.

Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 LastLast

Thread Information