Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 38 45 46 47 48 49 LastLast

Thread: Football Staff specULation

Default Re: Football Staff specULation

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Ours
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Y'all are so smart. Can someone answer my question, is Austin Shepard on our staff or the fla lizards?
    Ours

https://twitter.com/AShep79/status/1...751678980?s=20

I have to ask. Is the significant number of players and coaches leaving more about a respect for BN or a vote of no confidence in CMD and outlet athletic administration? Loyalty doesn’t seem to be the highest value. We are inbreeding by hiring coaches and players with ties to UL and not conducting national searches. This is beyond alarming! When is the football program and administration going to address our concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    I have to ask. Is the significant number of players and coaches leaving more about a respect for BN or a vote of no confidence in CMD and outlet athletic administration? Loyalty doesn’t seem to be the highest value. We are inbreeding by hiring coaches and players with ties to UL and not conducting national searches. This is beyond alarming! When is the football program and administration going to address our concerns.
    It is about money. It's about career advancement (coaching in SEC).

I do not care were the coach comes from I think all the staff and coaches that have been hired are more than qualified. The ones leaving has nothing to do with CMD. Just the world we live in today. Just because they had ties with this University does not mean they are bad coaches. Lets see what the season brings. In my opinion and the coach I have talked to we are going to be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    It is about money. It's about career advancement (coaching in SEC).
    Agree. If these guys have a chance to go to UF in the same roles. Despite the pay being better, the prestige of being in the SEC will help their careers.

Well, the answer to your question is "Neither." All of those who have left, especially on the support staff, have had their salaries doubled or even tripled. If someone offered me that 20 or 25 years ago, I probably wouldn't be here.

When you hire people who have experience recruiting the state of Louisiana and in many cases, Texas, you are not inbreeding....you are hiring smart. The fact a couple are alums is even better...those guys make this personal and that's a good thing.

I couldn't disagree with your concerns more.

8. Default Re: Football Staff specULation

I worked for a national corporation. One of the benefits we had was the opportunity to move anywhere in the country except for three locations. Florida, Colorado, and California. If you wanted to move to those locations you had to resign and apply for a position there.

I’m just trying to say maybe these coaches love an opportunity to get huge pay raise in a destination state, instead of staying in Louisiana a declining state.

Chris Couch is finalizing an opportunity to rejoin Napier at the University of Florida.

Need a special teams coach now

Well ____! Hindsight being 20/20, Des shouldve just not hired any staff and wait til Billy is finished raping our entire staff and completes his staff hires. ____ Billy!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Chris Couch is finalizing an opportunity to rejoin Napier at the University of Florida.

Need a special teams coach now

Bet it was an interesting interview.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Gary_S View Post
    Bet it was an interesting interview.
    Oh snap, Doug already has my twitter avatar photoshop ready?! Uh, hey Billy, that tweet was a whoopsie.

I have to ask if Mag hires an outsider and not Des, someone the players know and trust, how many more players would we have lost? 20, possibly 30?

Can you be more specific as to what coaching hire you have a problem with? I think every coach he hired was at one time hired by Billy I don’t recall you complaining then. The only one that wasn’t is George Munoz and with his experience that’s a home run hire IMO.

14. Default Re: Football Staff specULation

Quote Originally Posted by NillyBapier View Post
    I have to ask if Mag hires an outsider and not Des, someone the players know and trust, how many more players would we have lost? 20, possibly 30?
    That’s unknowable.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    That’s unknowable.
    Maybe the exact number. But the fact that it would have been more is unarguable. None of the kids that left were lateral moves. You have to figure some would have left for other P5s that they were recruited by and developed relationships with if a stranger comes in.

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 38 45 46 47 48 49 LastLast

Thread Information