Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Staff specULation

Default Re: Assistant possibilities??

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    That would be interesting Brad left here with a bad taste in his mouth when they fired his daddy.
    From what I know, Brad loved his time here and is a Cajun for life. Coaches being let go is part of the business and I think he knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    None of the defensive coaches are Louisiana guys.

The having too many coaches from one area is nonsense. Just need good coaches.

Besides that…the 2 strength coaches mentioned would not be involved in recruiting. Tony Hull would give you the foot in New Orleans you need and Decoster has experience with a national title winning team and in the nfl.
    Getting Decoster and Hull on board would be clutch for recruiting

Hull for NOLA and Decoster for FL. Both are known to be great recruiters

Last thread had a lot of garbage in it. Has anyone heard names or possible additions?

A few names I would look at.

SC - Lanier Coleman - former Cajun, currently working at FSU. Played it it’s Des.
    SC - Derik Keyes. Currently with the Vikings. Also played with Des

TE - Rickey Brumfield - New Orleans guy, currently working for Virginia. His employment could be up in the air with new coach coming in.
    TE - Jonathan Decoster - former Cajun. Currently with the Browns but worked as analyst on lsu title team. Played it it’s Des.

RB - Tony Hull - former Cajun. Currently with ULM. New Orleans guy that can help with recruiting.
    Blaine Gauthier- former Cajun. Served as LSU QB GA and analysts including Joe Burrows record setting Heisman Year. Current WR Coach at McNeese...good young recruiter with a recognizable name.

LaMarcus Gibson - Former Cajun LB. ....was a DC in Miss JC.....can't remember where he is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    At it again . . . One of the guys mentioned is a Hull of a coach . . . no matter where he is from
    Didnt see his name until after would be good in NOLA.

None of the defensive coaches are Louisiana guys.

The having too many coaches from one area is nonsense. Just need good coaches.

Besides that…the 2 strength coaches mentioned would not be involved in recruiting. Tony Hull would give you the foot in New Orleans you need and Decoster has experience with a national title winning team and in the nfl.
    I agree it doesn't matter where they are from as long as they have the established relationships, with high school coaches, within our recruiting footprint, outside the state of La, in their designated zone. I guess that's something coach would have to find out in the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    From what I know, Brad loved his time here and is a Cajun for life. Coaches being let go is part of the business and I think he knows that.
    You may be right lets just say I know some folks very well that was very good friends with his dad. But you may be correct time can heal all wounds.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Virtually nobody that is here now fired his daddy . . .you must admit this is not your daddy’s USL anymore
    You are correct as a matter of fact Ricky is coaching high school right now. If he wanted to get off the field and work as an offensive analyst I would have no problem with that. He may have not been a head coach personality, but he coordinated some very good offenses in his career and he obviously has the relationship with the coach.

You are correct as a matter of fact Ricky is coaching high school right now. If he wanted to get off the field and work as an offensive analyst I would have no problem with that. He may have not been a head coach personality, but he coordinated some very good offenses in his career and he obviously has the relationship with the coach.

Coach bustle I feel would be a asset in our program in some form.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunConnection View Post
    Coach bustle I feel would be a asset in our program in some form.
    The more I think about it the more I am against bringing in folks associated from our past failed coaching staffs…. We changed our culture and we don’t need to go back… I hope we can find a DC in the Ron Roberts coaching tree… seems to have paid off so far… it is pretty good to think we lost our last two DC to a P5 program.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    The more I think about it the more I am against bringing in folks associated from our past failed coaching staffs…. We changed our culture and we don’t need to go back… I hope we can find a DC in the Ron Roberts coaching tree… seems to have paid off so far… it is pretty good to think we lost our last two DC to a P5 program.
    You are assuming they were a part of or contributed to the culture.... Mike was part of an, eventually, failed coaching staff. They had lost control of the locker room, unwelcome at many HS coaching offices, and subject of really bad publicity... he turned out pretty well.

Broderick Fobbs - Former Grambling HC

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    You are assuming they were a part of or contributed to the culture.... Mike was part of an, eventually, failed coaching staff. They had lost control of the locker room, unwelcome at many HS coaching offices, and subject of really bad publicity... he turned out pretty well.
    I’m not talking about Mike. Those other coaches were not retained for a reason… I think the only coach that would have been retained besides Mike if he were on staff is coach Rebowe….we need to reach out to coaches like Jamar Cain at oklahoma that has Texas ties…. We have so many good players in a 300 mile radius of Lafayette it is crazy.

Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information