Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Staff specULation

Default Re: Coach DMeaux New Staff

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    I been living in Broussard for 16 years. However, on behalf of every poster who was born and raised in Gueydan I'm throwing a flag for offsides lol
    I hear you can get stimulated in Broussard too!

Quote Originally Posted by ZZeebart21 View Post
    I hear you can get stimulated in Broussard too!
    Big wood in Broussard lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Big wood in Broussard lmao.
    Baw!

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    No doubt we know that. Resume wise he was a tight ends coach in the sunbelt conference for the last 4 years. Typically on an offensive staff TE coach is the bottom of the pecking order. We know he had the title of co OC but that was only a title as billy runs the O.

If we hired a TE coach from Alabama for the head job here folks would be questioning the move.
    Billy, maggard, the staff, and the players all support the mike hire. Why is it so difficult to jump on board??

5. Default Re: Coach DMeaux New Staff

No doubt we know that. Resume wise he was a tight ends coach in the sunbelt conference for the last 4 years. Typically on an offensive staff TE coach is the bottom of the pecking order. We know he had the title of co OC but that was only a title as billy runs the O.

If we hired a TE coach from Alabama for the head job here folks would be questioning the move.
    So his title is important only when it meets your agenda?

The fact of the matter is that you have absolutely no clue of the exact role CMD has played and the responsibilities CMD had in the success of the Cajuns and CBN during the CBN era. All I know is that time period got us a hell of a lot of wins, it got CBN a hell of a new job and all three - CBN, Dr MAggard and the team - are on board with this decision.

I believe CBN knows, Dr Maggard knows and his team knows and each of the three have whole heartedly endorsed him.

Why can’t you?

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Is Manny Diaz a viable or realistic option?
    I wouldn’t think so but his long term protege Blake Baker might be. Currently coaching LBs for lsu and not sure if he will be retained. Previously he was DC for Miami and Tech.

7. Default Re: Coach DMeaux New Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    I wouldn’t think so but his long term protege Blake Baker might be. Currently coaching LBs for lsu and not sure if he will be retained. Previously he was DC for Miami and Tech.
    ……Ok I ask again….what is a higher rank???Assistant head coach or O or D Coordinator???

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    There is no insult here but I have to say I am concerned. Our last hire came out of the Saban/Dabo tree. This one does not have the pedigree.... After last night we were all on a high with great expectations for a new HC to continue the momentum. I for one am going to get behind the new coach 100% but forgive us who are not giddy with the hire
    Mike is very much part of the same tree. He will be 1st to be a big solash in the 3rd generation of Saban's tree

We hired the TE coach at Mississippi state. 1st 4 yrs were pretty good if my memory is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    We hired the TE coach at Mississippi state. 1st 4 yrs were pretty good if my memory is correct.
    Boom....

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Not to quibble, but when we hired Hud from Mississippi State he was WR coach and passing game coordinator.

He had also been a lower division head coach with several playoff appearances.

To be clear, I think Des is way better than Hud.

A

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Not to quibble, but when we hired Hud from Mississippi State he was WR coach and passing game coordinator.

He had also been a lower division head coach with several playoff appearances.

To be clear, I think Des is way better than Hud.
    Definitely a better person and man. No way in hell you can say he has a better coaching resume than hud had. The man won championships at a college football program regardless of level that’s not easy.

Not sure if Des has a relationship with this guy at all. He can coach any skilled position on O including the TEs. Been to Ark st, Sam Houston Ga So, and Tulane with fritz. Most recently at Ga So as OC and got let go I’m assuming when Helton came in. If not a position guy would be good analyst. I’ve met him personally good man and coach.

https://gseagles.com/sports/football...doug-ruse/1033

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    So his title is important only when it meets your agenda?

The fact of the matter is that you have absolutely no clue of the exact role CMD has played and the responsibilities CMD had in the success of the Cajuns and CBN during the CBN era. All I know is that time period got us a hell of a lot of wins, it got CBN a hell of a new job and all three - CBN, Dr MAggard and the team - are on board with this decision.

I believe CBN knows, Dr Maggard knows and his team knows and each of the three have whole heartedly endorsed him.

Why can’t you?
    I know as much as you do about the role MD has had in that locker room and on that staff. I am pulling for mike and hope he becomes the winningest coach in Cajuns history. Please stop acting like I am pulling against him. I’ve known him and his family since his playing days at CHS. All I’m saying is perception wise Doc took a huge leap of faith.

The bottom line is and you can’t argue the fact, that there is not another D1 school in America that would offer mike the HC job, based off of his resume. Schools like Nw st and Lamar included.

I know as much as you do about the role MD has had in that locker room and on that staff. I am pulling for mike and hope he becomes the winningest coach in Cajuns history. Please stop acting like I am pulling against him. I’ve known him and his family since his playing days at CHS. All I’m saying is perception wise Doc took a huge leap of faith.

The bottom line is and you can’t argue the fact, that there is not another D1 school in America that would offer mike the HC job, based off of his resume. Schools like Nw st and Lamar included.
    Well established opinion by several. What’s to gain from continuing to make the point?

Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information