Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Staff specULation

1. Default Re: Coach DMeaux New Staff

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    There is a old saying when one is scared to pull the trigger . . . You got the power but you scared . . . He ain’t scared .. .
    Scared money has no defense.

Default Re: Coach DMeaux New Staff

Maybe Des will go the NFL route to get a coordinator? Just a thought. Who are some good up and coming defensive guys in the NFL?

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Maybe Des will go the NFL route to get a coordinator? Just a thought. Who are some good up and coming defensive guys in the NFL?
    I could be wrong, but I doubt we could touch the lowest paid position coach (maybe special teams, maybe) in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    I could be wrong, but I doubt we could touch the lowest paid position coach (maybe special teams, maybe) in the NFL.
    I was thinking about someone like Kris Richard with the Saints.

5. Default Re: Coach DMeaux New Staff

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    …..well look no further on off than Carl Tater Smith who now has close to 30 years in the NFL and is a former UL coach who actually scouted Des when he was a senior at UL……has a house here, but is with Seattle staff! Now that would be news worthy!

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Not necessarily. HC gets to set his own agenda and staff. I feel like assistants, especially coordinators are looking for spots where they can not only shine (BIG PLUS for UL), but get mentored and gain knowledge that will serve them well in their career.

Everything I have read about Coach Des makes me believe that he can mentor young coaches well about life and family, but it still comes back to experience. Will up and coming coordinators view him as someone they can learn and advance their career with. Only time will tell, but all UL fans hope he will be wildly successful.
    This is my biggest concern. If potential coordinators look at the head coaches resume like the rest of the world does, except for the man doing the hiring, it may be hard to get good coordinators to come here.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    This is my biggest concern. If potential coordinators look at the head coaches resume like the rest of the world does, except for the man doing the hiring, it may be hard to get good coordinators to come here.
    This is a great G5 job and a young and hungry coordinator will be interested to prove themselves don’t let the head coach inexperience fool you.

8. Default Re: Coach DMeaux New Staff

It really has been a while since he was at AES . . . and he was under the Head Football Coach for Florida for the past 4 years . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    There is actually a theory about this from my field of ecology, called the Ideal Free Distribution.

Consumers will, without thinking about it, distribute themselves according to resources. Take 10 dogs, put 30% of the food at one end of the room, 70% at the other, they will distribute themselves 3 & 7.

I'm not sure why yet, but I think the same thing may be true of strategy. You should distribute plays to match their success ratios. Now, the critical question is 'How many yards do you want/need?' But once you determine that, you should be able to calculate how often each play succeeds. If it's 60% run success, 50% pass success, you should probably pick them in that ratio, 6:5.

Probably.

But the catch is, the less you call particular kind of play, the more effective it will become. And some plays don't have to succeed, because they can create success with other plays: When you throw the occasional long ball, even if it fails, it spreads out the passing defense and increases the success of the run and the short pass.

It's something we need a game theorist to model... or maybe run a Monte Carlo simulation.

Yes, I'm showing off, but I always loved that name, 'Monte Carlo simulation.' It just means that, rather than calculate out the probabilities, you let a computer (or even real people) run the games over and over to see the outcomes...
    Monte Carlo stimulation? Aside from the locale, not much different than Gueydan or Lake Arthur.

Z

10. Default Re: Coach DMeaux New Staff

Obviously it’s not going to be hard if the money is right. There’s literally hundreds of qualified coaches. Clearly we didn’t have the money for established coordinators even when Napier was here. He had to draw on his insight into the coaches. Again there isn’t a shortage of coaches ready and dying to take the next step. It’s more important to identify the right ones. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we have those on staff now leaving us the need for replacing position coaches. It’s always a matter of fitting the right guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZeebart21 View Post
    Monte Carlo stimulation? Aside from the locale, not much different than Gueydan or Lake Arthur.

Z
    Hey, Fun! You ever been stimulated in a Monte Carlo?

Is Manny Diaz a viable or realistic option?

Quote Originally Posted by ZZeebart21 View Post

Z
    I been living in Broussard for 16 years. However, on behalf of every poster who was born and raised in Gueydan I'm throwing a flag for offsides lol

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    It really has been a while since he was at AES . . . and he was under the Head Football Coach for Florida for the past 4 years . . .
    No doubt we know that. Resume wise he was a tight ends coach in the sunbelt conference for the last 4 years. Typically on an offensive staff TE coach is the bottom of the pecking order. We know he had the title of co OC but that was only a title as billy runs the O.

If we hired a TE coach from Alabama for the head job here folks would be questioning the move.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    Hey, Fun! You ever been stimulated in a Monte Carlo?
    HAHA!

Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information