Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Staff specULation

Default Re: Coach DMeaux New Staff

So just go full on USL good ole boys coaching staff. Every body is one of us. And bring back Scott Farmer. He gets it man

Quote Originally Posted by cb089 View Post
    So just go full on USL good ole boys coaching staff. Every body is one of us. And bring back Scott Farmer. He gets it man
    Yes, you see, just legitimate concerns being raised. Totally level headed and sensible.

3. Default Re: Coach DMeaux New Staff

Quote Originally Posted by cb089 View Post
    WOW, ok

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Why? Tons of experience and relationships...
    And…Munoz’s primary responsibility during Joe Burrow’s national championship year was analyzing opponents blitz defenses and then formulating weekly offensive play game packages in preparation for each one. He also assisted Burrow with recognizing the packages as well as each team’s tendencies. Obviously Munoz did a great job since he was one of three coaches personally invited by Burrow to sit at his table attending the Heinsman Award Ceremony. Pretty special! For detractors unhappy he coached across the pond, put on your blinders for the sake of objectivity…

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Trev Faulk as LB coach?
    I heard there may have been communications with Trev last week. Interesting. He might be a good catch as a position coach and possibly be very good at recruiting too!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I heard there may have been communications with Trev last week. Interesting. He might be a good catch as a position coach and possibly be very good at recruiting too!
    Yep, he's done an excellent job recruiting to LCA thus far

So for offense, my question is - what’s your flavor? High passing or High rushing? I’d prefer balanced attack. Something to the order of 2 - 1,000 yard rushers and a 3,000 yard passer over a 13 game schedule.

8. Default Re: Coach DMeaux New Staff

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Interesting indeed.. Not sure I'm crazy about the culture at LCA though..

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    So for offense, my question is - what’s your flavor? High passing or High rushing? I’d prefer balanced attack. Something to the order of 2 - 1,000 yard rushers and a 3,000 yard passer over a 13 game schedule.
    My preference is exactly what we are running right now. Just with a more capable passing QB.

10. Default Re: Coach DMeaux New Staff

Gerry and I discussed this on the pod last week. Napier was 58% RUN during this time at UL. I would like to continue ground & pound, control the LOS and play exceptional defense. I think its a championship formula and the most sustainable offensive plan.

Whatever fits our personnel. If our roster has no real changes to the offense come next year, I'd think you'd probably be on the ball although I don't think you will see 2 1,000 yard rushers. In our system, its hard enough to have one since we play so many guys. We should still have some talent at the WR spots as well so I'd like to see a balanced attack. OL will be a concern as we're losing 3 guys off this years team.

12. Default Re: Coach DMeaux New Staff

Our QB was often not given enough time. Way less than his opponents got. Glad he was lightning quick.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Gerry and I discussed this on the pod last week. Napier was 58% RUN during this time at UL. I would like to continue ground & pound, control the LOS and play exceptional defense. I think its a championship formula and the most sustainable offensive plan.
    I agree with this totally.

Wait...did I just say that?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Coach DMeaux New Staff

Right now, I actually can't think of a better hire than Coach Des! We want someone to continue the upward momentum that Coach Napier started here. Mike should know everything Billy has done to build, maintain AND IMPROVE the CAJUNS as a Top G5 program.

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatMarshall
    #ConferenceChampions

If we were a highly sought after HC job, wouldn’t it stand to reason we’ll get just as impressive applicants for the other openings?

Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information