Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39 46 47 48 49

Thread: Football Staff specULation

Default Re: Football Staff specULation

Quote Originally Posted by NillyBapier View Post
    I have to ask if Mag hires an outsider and not Des, someone the players know and trust, how many more players would we have lost? 20, possibly 30?

Can you be more specific as to what coaching hire you have a problem with? I think every coach he hired was at one time hired by Billy I don’t recall you complaining then. The only one that wasn’t is George Munoz and with his experience that’s a home run hire IMO.
    In the history of modern college football no program has had 20-30 players transfer out during a transition

What I want to know is how many players, coaching, and staff went with their head coaches to new schools.

Sonny Dykes (SMU G5 to TCU P5)
    Josh Heupel (UCF to Tenn in 2020)
    Lane Train (FAU to OM)
    Brian Hardin (Boise to Auburn)

And then these, but accounting for the fact P5s have larger staffs to bring from one school to the other.

Melvin Tucker (Colorado to Michigan state in 2020)
    Brian Kelly (ND to LSU)
    Lincoln Riley (OU to USC)

If we had media members worth a ____ they would do that research and out Napiers raid of UL into perspective rather than say “this is how it always happens.”

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    What I want to know is how many players, coaching, and staff went with their head coaches to new schools.

Sonny Dykes (SMU G5 to TCU P5)
    Josh Heupel (UCF to Tenn in 2020)
    Lane Train (FAU to OM)
    Brian Hardin (Boise to Auburn)

And then these, but accounting for the fact P5s have larger staffs to bring from one school to the other.

Melvin Tucker (Colorado to Michigan state in 2020)
    Brian Kelly (ND to LSU)
    Lincoln Riley (OU to USC)

If we had media members worth a ____ they would do that research and out Napiers raid of UL into perspective rather than say “this is how it always happens.”
    Smu has had only 1 player go to TCU

Rough count by comparing staff pages

Lane Kiffin 2019 FAU to 2020 Ole Miss:
    0 players
    6 staff/coaches. He took his S&C guy, RB Coach, AST. Director of football ops, player development, defensive analyst, and offensive assistant

Harsin 2020 Boise to 2021 Auburn
    0 players
    10 staff. OC, DC, Run Game Coord, offensive grad assistant, director of sports performance, associate director of sports perf, assistant director of sports perf, chief of staff, director of recruiting, assistant to HC

When did the NIL deals begin? That's probably the biggest motivator for the players leaving. Some are comparing 2019 and 2020 was the NIL in effect then? How many did billy take 4? Lacy getting paid by Get Gordon. Is Bailey getting paid? I saw where one of the Cajuns players is looking for a deal via his twitter account. If they are all here seeing their friends getting paid, the exodus will only get bigger in the future. It will have nothing to do with Des or any other future coach here.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    In the history of modern college football no program has had 20-30 players transfer out during a transition
    What is going on today can not be compared to any other time in history. In the history of college football you’ve never had over 3k college football players transfer in one year. However that is the number that hit the portal in 2021. You’d be better off not commenting ever time you do it show your ignorance and lack of knowledge.

7. Default Re: Football Staff specULation

What is going on today can not be compared to any other time in history. In the history of college football you’ve never had over 3k college football players transfer in one year. However that is the number that hit the portal in 2021. You’d be better off not commenting ever time you do it show your ignorance and lack of knowledge.
    Additionally 20-30 players haven’t transferred as of today. That’s a total number, mostly staff and coaches.

So that's an average of 11 players per D1 school....A bit under 30 players

So that's an average of 11 players per D1 school....A bit under 30 players
    I believe that number is for all levels, not just D1

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    I believe that number is for all levels, not just D1
    Guess I'm showing my ignorance..

Guess I'm showing my ignorance..
    except fo a very few of us, no one can know everything about everything.

12. Default Re: Football Staff specULation

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    except fo a very few of us, no one can know everything about everything.
    Just agree with him when he is correct. There is nothing wrong with that.

Maybe the exact number. But the fact that it would have been more is unarguable. None of the kids that left were lateral moves. You have to figure some would have left for other P5s that they were recruited by and developed relationships with if a stranger comes in.
    You are right, it is inarguable because there is no way to know either way....

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39 46 47 48 49

Thread Information