Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 . LastLast

Thread: Football Staff specULation

Default Re: Football staff specULation

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Faulk can help greatly in Louisiana, especially losing Juluke. I'm not worried about recruiting, or coaching at that position.
    10-4

I don’t think it unreasonable to question Des experience and ability to recruit coaches without UL ties.

Des has coached in college for 6 years. Because I was bored today, I decided to find out the average FBS head coach experience. Did a spreadsheet and everything.

The average FBS head coach got his first FBS/FCS/NFL job in 1997 (24.9 years average).

Not arguing either way, just presenting the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Mike, I wanted coaches who are respected in Louisiana, and E Texas. We’re not getting better coaches because they came from other states. All these guys mention get it done.

Some here believe diversity over quality. I’m not sure a guy from W Tennessee, or E Georgia can even get a hello from some of the coaches in this recruiting footprint. A footprint that’s second to nobody in FBS players. Let’s keep getting the best here, E Texas, and the Gulf Coast.
    I can care less where Mike gets coaches from. If they can coach then it doesn't matter where they come from. We do need strong recruiters in state, the DFW area, Houston area, New Orleans area and the Florida pan handle area and we will be fine.

4. Default Re: Football staff specULation

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    I don’t think it unreasonable to question Des experience and ability to recruit coaches without UL ties.

Des has coached in college for four years. Because I was bored today, I decided to find out the average FBS head coach experience. Did a spreadsheet and everything.

The average FBS head coach got his first FBS/FCS/NFL job in 1997 (24.9 years average).

Des has been coaching in college for 6 or 7 years. He was hired by HUD . . . Things have changed a whole lot since 1997 . . . That is no longer representative of what happens now in either the pros or college . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Des has been coaching in college for 6 or 7 years. He was hired by HUD . . .
    My bad. I still think it’s 2020, even though it’s about to be 2022. I used 2022 for calculating the average

6. Default Re: Football staff specULation

Super Stars rarely are average. Einstein greatest work accomplished before 40. In fact many of the greatest stars before 30.

Not sure but I think Dez has six at UL plus high school head coaching.

Des has coached in college for 6 years. Because I was bored today, I decided to find out the average FBS head coach experience. Did a spreadsheet and everything.

That is intresting for sure.

I think those stats are interesting. Can you add up the number of years in experience as OC/QB Coaching between Leger, Munoz, Viator and Desormeaux. And compare it to the experience of Billy Napier's staff his first year? Without looking at those numbers, but at the names I'm pretty confident off what that final number will look like.

I think those stats are interesting. Can you add up the number of years in experience as OC/QB Coaching between Leger, Munoz, Viator and Desormeaux. And compare it to the experience of Billy Napier's staff his first year? Without looking at those numbers, but at the names I'm pretty confident off what that final number will look like.
    Has a strength coach been decided upon? Don't care about names, just believe that is urgently needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Has a strength coach been decided upon? Don't care about names, just believe that is urgently needed.
    We needed a S&C coach like 2 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    I believe they have one and had to wait until the bowl game was played. But you know, I will wait for the official announcement.

I believe they have one and had to wait until the bowl game was played. But you know, I will wait for the official announcement.
    Nice. I never heard anything about that.

I was hoping that was the case of just finishing out a bowl game.

Unofficially I am hearing Conner Neighbors will be the new S&C coach. But what do I know???

Clear you PM space.

Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 . LastLast

Thread Information