Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 . LastLast

Thread: Football Staff specULation

Default Re: Football staff specULation

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Not saying that the new coaches won't work but this is what I was worried about with Des. 2 of the hires were at UL before and the 3rd is from Lafayette
    .and?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    .and?
    He doesn't have a huge network. Hope his hires work out, but I understand the concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    .and?
    My question is recruiting ability and networks. I don’t care where they are from.

My concern (and it may not be justified) is that Faulk does not have much recruiting experience and Munoz has been in an off field role for a while.

I’m less concerned with where they are from than if they can go get dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    He doesn't have a huge network. Hope his hires work out, but I understand the concerns.
    Agree. This is a legitimate concern. The way to eliminate the concern is to have success. Time will tell. All of us Cajun fans, want that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    My question is recruiting ability and networks. I don’t care where they are from.

My concern (and it may not be justified) is that Faulk does not have much recruiting experience and Munoz has been in an off field role for a while.

Faulk can help greatly in Louisiana, especially losing Juluke. I'm not worried about recruiting, or coaching at that position.

3 super bowl rings on his hand when he walks in a high school coaches office will always help get dudes.

If these guys are anything more than analysts, I will be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    If who is anymore than analysts?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    3 super bowl rings on his hand when he walks in a high school coaches office will always help get dudes.
    Sure it helps. But recruiting is a grind and it’s constant. I’m not saying KF isn’t a grinder, I just don’t anything beyond his playing reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    Then you will be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Then you will be surprised.
    Yes he will.

12. Default Re: Football staff specULation

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Faulk can help greatly in Louisiana, especially losing Juluke. I'm not worried about recruiting, or coaching at that position.
    Kevin Faulk gets about as much respect locally, regionally, and nationally as almost anyone. The man is nothing but class.

I think Munoz had an on field role at Baylor in 2020. I also think he may have one for LSU's bowl game which is Tuesday. Just speculating on the bowl game as I believe several of LSU's former coaches have moved on.

14. Default Re: Football staff specULation

Mike, I wanted coaches who are respected in Louisiana, and E Texas. We’re not getting better coaches because they came from other states. All these guys mention get it done.

Some here believe diversity over quality. I’m not sure a guy from W Tennessee, or E Georgia can even get a hello from some of the coaches in this recruiting footprint. A footprint that’s second to nobody in FBS players. Let’s keep getting the best here, E Texas, and the Gulf Coast.

We need to do a better job with in state recruits. Our goal should be getting at least 10 to 12 of the top 50 each year. This staff looks to have the makeup to get there.

Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 . LastLast

Thread Information