Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 . LastLast

Thread: Football Staff specULation

Default Re: Defensive Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    And Patrick Toney, I was thinking maybe Matt Powledge would be an option as DC, he was here but went to Baylor with Robert’s.however he is heading to Oregon as co-DC.Robert’s tree is pretty damn impressive, Aranda, Golding, Toney, Powledge.
    I like the idea of someone from the Robert's tree, he has a good brand of aggressive D. I wouldn't be surprised with Wes getting elevated to DC. All this elevating may pay off but it could also bite us in the rear with lack of experience. Just remember, not everyone is as good as the person they are under, just because they were there.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    According to the McNeese AD, they will look at DII for possible HC candidates.
    Maybe LoTech’s old coach? They are DII right?

That should produce a meltdown in LC. I’d bet those guys are stuck in that “we need a Michigan errrrr McNeese man” mentality.

We’ll be ok. I like the way we responded after the targeting call. Marshall was on fire and we got a 3 and out at that point. The cULture returned, played smart the rest of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I like the idea of someone from the Robert's tree, he has a good brand of aggressive D. I wouldn't be surprised with Wes getting elevated to DC. All this elevating may pay off but it could also bite us in the rear with lack of experience. Just remember, not everyone is as good as the person they are under, just because they were there.
    I guess technically now neighbors is kinda from the Robert’s tree after working under Toney and he Also worked for the greatest.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I guess technically now neighbors is kinda from the Robert’s tree after working under Toney and he Also worked for the greatest.
    Agree.

Hud Jackson? Former QB and current head coach at Arkansas Monticello. Possibility if he is being that specific about his search. I got to know him some through camps and recruitment. He would fit the hire from the family mentality and a D2 guy.

Would leave Matt as an analyst or would he move to an on field position?

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Maybe LoTech’s old coach? They are DII right?
    Aways good to get a jab at the techsters

Well we don’t have to worry about losing Leger or Viator, Mcneese hired Gary Goff.

Wes is good.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    Well we don’t have to worry about losing Leger or Viator, Mcneese hired Gary Goff.
    Hiring someone like that tells me the while FBS move was complete BS

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    OC, not as much now, since he will be calling the plays.
    I would disagree. Calling plays only happens (at best) 14 days out of the year. That OC position is responsible for a whole lot more than that. Just because the head coach makes the strategy decisions on game day will mean nothing if his OC hasn't spent the other 351 days out of the year getting them ready for it.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    Well, it was a pretty safe bet neither (or Guidry) wanted to take a step down and take on the sinking ship SLC lead by McLeast.

They’ll be hating on this guy a year from now.

Des never had to worry about losing our guys to them.

I'll bring up a name no one has talked about. I say we hire Vic for our DC. Theres not a more defensive guy on the planet than that guy. Now that I think about it, thoughhe's pretty offensive too. The guy can do it all.

14. Default Re: Defensive Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I'll bring up a name no one has talked about. I say we hire Vic for our DC. Theres not a more defensive guy on the planet than that guy. Now that I think about it, thoughhe's pretty offensive too. The guy can do it all.
    I’m not sure who he is referring to, but I did spit my coffee . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I’m not sure who he is referring to, but I did spit my coffee . . .
    I knew you'd appreciate it

Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 . LastLast

Thread Information