Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Staff specULation

Default Re: Coach DMeaux New Staff

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Well established opinion by several. What’s to gain from continuing to make the point?
    Yep. Just have to keep reiterating it with guys that jump to their own conclusions on what you’re trying to say.

2. Default Re: Coach DMeaux New Staff

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I know as much as you do about the role MD has had in that locker room and on that staff. . .
    You said it right here, so just quit. You and I really don’t know a damn thing and the people who know decided he should be and is ready to be the HC here.

As to the conclusion that he would not be the HC at any other D1 University, you don’t know that either and if that is the case, it would be that unlike the decision makers here, the decision makers there would be just like you . . . They would not know. . So give it a break.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Yep. Just have to keep reiterating it with guys that jump to their own conclusions on what you’re trying to say.
    Why? I think most, if not everyone, have concerns. The potential issues are evident. The question now, is what’s to be gained for the Cajuns by their most die hard fans continuing to point them out, again and again?

Why would a coordinator come and work for a HC that has less qualifications than them

5. Default Re: Coach DMeaux New Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    Why would a coordinator come and work for a HC that has less qualifications than them
    I guess we will find out in very short notice. . .

We could hire anyone on the planet and some here would be worried. That’s all they do.

Ron Roberts did here and at Baylor. Happens way more than you think. I also don’t necessarily think being an OC somewhere makes you more “qualified” to be a head coach. You hear it all the times, blank is a great coordinator but isn’t head coach material. Ron Roberts for example doesn’t want to be a head coach.

To work at a Top 25 program?

For money?

For career advancement?

9. Default Re: Coach DMeaux New Staff

That’s not how it works. In almost any case the assistants are looking for job opportunities, new experience,money, and networking! I’ve seen many cases of very qualified people signing up on a dead tree knowing their next thing will be a pink slip. These opportunities are rare, and valuable. We’re certainly not going to be paying like a P5 regardless of the head coaches so why they’re coming could be for any number of reasons beyond some I mentioned.

10. Default Re: Coach DMeaux New Staff

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    To work at a Top 25 program?

For money?

For career advancement?
    It is unbelievable what nuggets one can come up with if they think, analyze and look around a little instead of directly falling into the trap of the Ole cheese nugget . . .

No, in the middle of recruiting we should definitely continue to wallpaper our very visible fan forum with repeated questions about our head coaches qualifications. Questions that can’t possibly ever be answered to the questioners satisfaction by other fans. Questions that, quite literally, only time will answer.

Its really simple, those of us with concerns come here to discuss them. If you have none, or dont want to discuss them anymore, theres an option for you to just scroll on. Its kinda silly for any of you to tell people to drop it, yet you keep responding over and over and over. I have concerns. Im done putting them out there and waiting to see how they play out. I see people just now coming to the board to discuss their concerns. No recruit is gonna come to this board to decide where they play football. Nobody here hates Mike or doesnt want him to succeed. We all want this decision to turn out as the best it possibly can.....just like you. Calm your tits. The people with concerns are no less a fan than you. I would actually contend they may be more of a fan. They are concerned. It kills them that there could be pitfalls that would set back the program. If youve blindly accepted the decision, congratulations. If you dont want people discussing concerns, and getting your panties twisted because of it......put a tampon in and move along. Its really that simple

13. Default Re: Coach DMeaux New Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    We could hire anyone on the planet and some here would be worried. That’s all they do.
    Besides the "all they do" I think you are correct.

It's a healthier individual mindset that questions, weighs the evidence and comes to a positive conclusion as opposed to the method of the lockstep brigade.

The person that openly worries, and then explains his or her thought process on their way to a positive conclusion is a fan base asset. They are not telling anyone how to think, they are sharing their process.

They help calm and invigorate the silent 99 readers/fans with the same worries but who previously had no answers.

I think Mike Desormeaux is the right man for the job, but not because I was told to think that way.

14. Default Re: Coach DMeaux New Staff

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Its really simple, those of us with concerns come here to discuss them. If you have none, or dont want to discuss them anymore, theres an option for you to just scroll on. Its kinda silly for any of you to tell people to drop it, yet you keep responding over and over and over. I have concerns. Im done putting them out there and waiting to see how they play out. Nobody here hates Mike or doesnt want him to succeed. Calm your tits. The people with concerns are no less a fan than you. I would actually contend they may be more of a fan. They are concerned. It kills them that there could be pitfalls that would set back the program. If youve blindly accepted the decision, congratulations. If you dont want people discussing concerns, and getting your panties twisted because of it......put a tampon in and move along. Its really that simple
    Looks like you should seek your own advice and seek the tampon store . . . and don’t forget the cheese while you are at it . . .

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Its really simple, those of us with concerns come here to discuss them. If you have none, or dont want to discuss them anymore, theres an option for you to just scroll on. Its kinda silly for any of you to tell people to drop it, yet you keep responding over and over and over. I have concerns. Im done putting them out there and waiting to see how they play out. I see people just now coming to the board to discuss their concerns. No recruit is gonna come to this board to decide where they play football. Nobody here hates Mike or doesnt want him to succeed. We all want this decision to turn out as the best it possibly can.....just like you. Calm your tits. The people with concerns are no less a fan than you. I would actually contend they may be more of a fan. They are concerned. It kills them that there could be pitfalls that would set back the program. If youve blindly accepted the decision, congratulations. If you dont want people discussing concerns, and getting your panties twisted because of it......put a tampon in and move along. Its really that simple
    It’s the constant whiners about not having all their hopes and dreams answered by a football coach hire that need the tampons. Constantly bleeding their emotions all over the board.

So you want people to be able to whine now without being called out?

Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information