Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

1. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Considering Napier got less than a million when he hired on and he had substantially more experience than des. I highly doubt he gets paid 1 million
    Salary inflation in past four years is tremendous. I haven’t the slightest idea what’s fair.

2. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    You had inside scoop . . . you chose to ignore it . . .
    You said it was poop not scoop.

Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    He played at Loreaville.
    C'mon, JMV.....it's LoreaUville...

4. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You said it was poop not scoop.
    Well, it looks like many here need a pooper scooper . . .

Man this hire sucks. Too bad we couldn’t have gone after a young up-and-coming coordinator at a ranked school who is an excellent recruiter. Oh wait… /sarcasmoff

6. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

I give this hire a 1 on the excitement scale, and a 9 on the potential scale.

That leaves lots of room for me to get excited and little room for me to be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns1 View Post
    Man this hire sucks. Too bad we couldn’t have gone after a young up-and-coming coordinator at a ranked school who is an excellent recruiter. Oh wait… /sarcasmoff
    Geez, 1.....I thought you'd lost your composure for a minute... Then i see that your comment is marinated in sarcasm...

8. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Nothing is too strong a word. Should it have a major impact, no it should not.
    The players absolutely matter. They don’t have to endorse the hire, but they can absolutely derail anyone they don’t want. Ask Hudspeth!!

Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    I do not mean this as a slam on the guy. I know he is well respected here. But, didn't Aranda bring him on as OC and let him go after one year? That is not a knock out factor, but it is something to consider. Might be it just wasn't a good fit. Maybe Aranda panicked since his first year as HC was so bad let him go too soon.
    Would like to hear from someone more knowledgeable than me... which is almost anyone on this board.
    Don’t know. I know he was an analyst on LSU’s staff when he left for Baylor then went back to LSU as an on field coach. Joe Borough invited him to the heisman presentation and credits him with much of his success.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexhead View Post
    This right here. It is going to be an unpopular take. Desormeaux is a great guy. Everyone loves him. The players love him. He is one of us. It is a wonderful "feel good" selection. I just think it is too soon for him. He does not have the depth of experience that we need to take us up to another level. Nor does he have the network needed to find great assistants or to recruit like we need. I hope he surrounds himself with deeply experienced assistants. I also hope that a year from now I have to eat every word of this.
    I would agree. This program is in a spot where we will draw significant interest and we should certainly make having at least coordinator experience a major criteria. I just can't see many other schools promoting a QB coach or TE coach to HC right off the bat even if the outgoing coach said it was a good decision. If Des was that hot of a commodity, wouldn't Napier have taken him with him?

12. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Posters roll these conclusions out like they are fact. What do you really know about CMD qualifications? Do you really think each of those concerns you rolled off were not on Dr. Maggard and CBN’s list as they endorsed and chose CMD as head coach? . . . Do you think CBN pulled his finger out his butt and said “um, it stinks let me support CMD” . . . Do you think Dr. Maggard pulled his finger out his butt and said “um, it stinks, let me hire CMD as head coach” . . .
    No way, but I do think they licked their collective fingers to see which way the wind was blowing.

Super happy for Mike. Regardless of how he does as a coach from a wins and losses perspective, he’ll be a great ambassador for the university and athletic department.

He isn't a coordinator. You can say he's a co-coordinator but we all know who the guy calling plays and driving the offensive philosophy are.

Is there video or audio of the press conference?

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information