Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

1. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Agreed. Talk about USL'ing it.

We had the opportunity to go out and attract the next Billy Napier.

Wow. Just wow.

April fools?
    I’m not sure we USL it. Who is your ideal coach that we could hire. Bama fans might question Golding > than Desormeaux for example!

Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    BIG MISTAKE!!!!!! PROVE ME WRONG PLEASE! I really think think this is USLING it. He has not been anywhere else he hasnt been a head coach anywhere, why would you hire him as a head coach?
    Because he worked 7 years under two coaches that have worked at other big schools. He got trained by these guys.

Coach Napier was oc/Clemson for one year and got fired and oc/Arizona state for one year and they ranked 7th out of 12 teams in total offense that one year so he didn’t really have that much experience either, is the point I’m trying to make

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I think it's fair to question this hire. There is no questions about the man Mike Desormeaux, he checks all the boxes in that area and the athlete's love him. But make no mistake, Dr. Maggard is taking a big risk on this hire, but he's going with the cULture.

I hope everyone will support this hire, regardless of personal opinions and give him a chance to prove himself. And let's keep the questions about resume and experience because there is none concerning his character or as a recruiter.
    This here

Quote Originally Posted by du42 View Post
    Don’t think he is ready
    How well do you know what he has done for the last four years or more? how ell do you know him? Upon what do you base that definitive decision.
    Look, None of us know. The simple fact is that with very few exceptions, hiring a HC is a crap shoot. How well did Tom Herman work out at Texas? Taggart at Fl St? Mullen at Florida?
    But, evidently, the man who knows his abilities better than anyone else, and who has a lot of ego in this program, Billy Napier, believes he is the best man for the job, and the man who has a string of successful hire, Dr. Maggard (sp?) believes he is ready.
    At the very least, we should take a "wait and see" attitude and not so forcefully decide that it is a bad hire.

I think it's fair to question this hire. There is no questions about the man Mike Desormeaux, he checks all the boxes in that area and the athlete's love him. But make no mistake, Dr. Maggard is taking a big risk on this hire, but he's going with the cULture.

I hope everyone will support this hire, regardless of personal opinions and give him a chance to prove himself. And let's keep the questions about resume and experience because there is none concerning his character or as a recruiter.
    T, I am very glad to hear the recruiter side of things, as that seemed to be not so apparent. We all knew Sale, Toney, Leger and Juluke, along with Napier were supposed to be great on the recruiting trail, but never heard about Dez.

He has to make three critical hires ... OC, DC and S&C. Those hires will then bring names into play from their contacts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    The little bird has told me that coach Matt Viator will be on staff . . .
    I hope you're right, brother Vic. I have undying respect for Matt Viator both as a coach and a Louisiana native. I think he brings a wealth of knowledge any outsiders/newcomers on coaching staff - especially in the recruiting arena.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Stadium janitor.
    He's up for promotion?

Agree!!!

10. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    How well do you know what he has done for the last four years or more? how ell do you know him? Upon what do you base that definitive decision.
    Look, None of us know. The simple fact is that with very few exceptions, hiring a HC is a crap shoot. How well did Tom Herman work out at Texas? Taggart at Fl St? Mullen at Florida?
    But, evidently, the man who knows his abilities better than anyone else, and who has a lot of ego in this program, Billy Napier, believes he is the best man for the job, and the man who has a string of successful hire, Dr. Maggard (sp?) believes he is ready.
    At the very least, we should take a "wait and see" attitude and not so forcefully decide that it is a bad hire.
    Oh no, the arm chair cheese eaters on this board know best . . . you know, the same ones that showed up here for every damn game except yesterday moaning and groaning as CBN and team reeled off 12 straight wins . . . They ran out of gas yesterday but must have filled up after the game with the hint that CMD was going to be named HC . . .

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    You played at Iota or welsh?

I was his center that year lol.
    He played at Loreaville.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    I hope Des accepts an SEC job in 4 years. That would mean the train is still rolling! I’m going donate $28 to the RCAF in honor of that 28-0 beat down we put on Des his freshman year of high school! I would have congratulated him when I shook his hand last night if I had inside scoop.
    How much you donating for his Sr year game vs the ville?

13. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    He played at Loreaville.
    Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    CONGRATS COACH MIKE !!! I BELIEVE IN YOU !!!
    NOBODY WILL OUTWORK YOU !!!
    Tank you trying to get on the staff?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    The little bird has told me that coach Matt Viator will be on staff . . .
    OC, I am guessing.

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information