Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    High School? Apples and Oranges
    You said he hadn’t been a head coach anywhere and he has. Napier hadn’t either before he got here. Mike was a HC before Billy

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    You played at Iota or welsh?

I was his center that year lol.
    Loreauville

Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post
    I knew this was going to be a tough position to fill. One of my first thoughts was maybe he might be a little young to become head coach of one of the best schools in the group of five. Maybe another year might have helped his resume, but we certainly did not want to
    lose him to another school. He certainly would have had many attractive offers after his nuce run here. After further review he did serve as co OC and no telling how much sweat equity he has put into our football program. Billy was not a HC or tenured OC and he worked out well. Years from now we might be talking about Des as one of the great coaches to come from The Napier Coaching Tree. I trust that Dr Maggard feels this hire gives us the best chance for success. And I know how much heart and soul that Des has as a man, a player, and a coach. GEAUX CAJUNS!!
    Billy was one of youngest OCs in the country at Clemson and he was OC at Az St. lots of coordinator experience. The OCs here over the last 4 years have been in name only. Billy was the OC and play caller.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Considering Napier got less than a million when he hired on and he had substantially more experience than des. I highly doubt he gets paid 1 million
    That was 4 years ago. Coaching salary inflation could easily make it $1M.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    C’mon HCMD, keep this train going. Congrats!
    I like this hire for several reasons.

1) We have had great success hiring our own alums, in athletics, and in academics.

2) Michael is family. If he doesn't make it, I'll have no regrets. I'll be glad we gave him the chance.

3) As I mentioned elsewhere, the man is a beast. You needed to see him play.

And for those of you who aren't old enough to know how his face got messed up, he flipped a 4-wheeler in the woods and laid the side of his face wide open. His friends were freaking out.

According to the account I heard, he simply reached up, folded the huge flap of of his face back in place & held it there, and then said calmly to his friends, "Just get me out of here, I'll be OK."

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    No, winning the West and Getting into Championship Game, that's the minimum..
    I think it's fair to question this hire. There is no questions about the man Mike Desormeaux, he checks all the boxes in that area and the athlete's love him. But make no mistake, Dr. Maggard is taking a big risk on this hire, but he's going with the cULture.

I hope everyone will support this hire, regardless of personal opinions and give him a chance to prove himself. And let's keep the questions about resume and experience because there is none concerning his character or as a recruiter.

7. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Lexhead View Post
    This right here. It is going to be an unpopular take. Desormeaux is a great guy. Everyone loves him. The players love him. He is one of us. It is a wonderful "feel good" selection. I just think it is too soon for him. He does not have the depth of experience that we need to take us up to another level. Nor does he have the network needed to find great assistants or to recruit like we need. I hope he surrounds himself with deeply experienced assistants. I also hope that a year from now I have to eat every word of this.
    Posters roll these conclusions out like they are fact. What do you really know about CMD qualifications? Do you really think each of those concerns you rolled off were not on Dr. Maggard and CBN’s list as they endorsed and chose CMD as head coach? . . . Do you think CBN pulled his finger out his butt and said “um, it stinks let me support CMD” . . . Do you think Dr. Maggard pulled his finger out his butt and said “um, it stinks, let me hire CMD as head coach” . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Lexhead View Post
    This right here. It is going to be an unpopular take. Desormeaux is a great guy. Everyone loves him. The players love him. He is one of us. It is a wonderful "feel good" selection. I just think it is too soon for him. He does not have the depth of experience that we need to take us up to another level. Nor does he have the network needed to find great assistants or to recruit like we need. I hope he surrounds himself with deeply experienced assistants. I also hope that a year from now I have to eat every word of this.
    Totally agree. I think we should know in a couple of years, 1 is not enough. I would be excited to admit how wrong I was.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Means absolutely nothing to have players on board. You hire the best man for the job regardless of what the players think.
    Nothing is too strong a word. Should it have a major impact, no it should not.

I can see Dr. Maggard hiring Mike to be the Head Coach (CEO) so he can keep the #cULture going. Then possibly increasing spending and for Asst. Coaches and staff to keep the wins coming. Regardless of who was hired, there is NO GUARANTEE. Once we start counting wins and loses, we will learn if this is a good hire or not. But until we see what happens, I'm 100% behind Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I did hear he’s considering Cajun Vic for SID for football.
    Stadium janitor.

Maggard also said in his press conference that Coach Des checks off all of the boxes that he has.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Welp. I don’t think it was the route that any of us expected (not that that matters). But we need to all get behind him now.

Good luck Coach Mike. His staff will be extraordinarily important.
    I expected it.

Mike was my third choice behind Jay Johnson and Pete Golding. With that said I truly believe he will make for the smoothest transition possible. I am concerned about what staff he will build around him as a good bit are headed to Gainesville. Let’s get it, CMD!!!’

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    How did y’all do against him when he was an upperclassman?
    I was a UL student by that time so it doesn’t count. Pretty sure I might still be donating $28 if I put a dollar for each point scored his last 3 years lol

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information