Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Well it seems like Maggard believes he made the right hire

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Half of these players will be gone in a couple of years. That carries no weight. You don't hire who the players suggest. You hire the best qualified, experienced, coach out there.
    So, you've hired coaches in the past?

3. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    It has been announced on the school’s official Facebook page
    Why would they not want anyone to know?

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    I hope Des accepts an SEC job in 4 years. That would mean the train is still rolling! I’m going donate $28 to the RCAF in honor of that 28-0 beat down we put on Des his freshman year of high school! I would have congratulated him when I shook his hand last night if I had inside scoop.
    How did y’all do against him when he was an upperclassman?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    The players seem to be on board and happy about the hire and that’s what is most important.
    Means absolutely nothing to have players on board. You hire the best man for the job regardless of what the players think.

6. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    I guess the good news is, des is much more likely to stay if success continues or even if he takes the program to even newer heights
    Impossible to let go of he fails.

He can succeed though.

Madeline Adams is quoting UL players reactions https://twitter.com/MadelineAdamsTV

I have to admit that it would have been a bit scary bringing in an outsider. This is not like hiring a coach to pick up a losing program. We’re solid and you want to continue doing what’s working. Maggard believes in Mike. Napier must have endorsed him too. Add some good coaches to fill in some gaps, keep your recruits and keep moving forward.

Good luck Mike!

10. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

I am going to say that the behind the scenes things that we as fans don't get to see, probably resonated with CBN enough to confidently endorse CMD.

If CBN gave his blessing, and Maggard inked the deal - I know those two people, better than most, understand where we came from and where the bar is now set.

Congratulations Coach Desormeaux!

Congrats Coach Des! Looking forward to winning our bowl game in 2 weeks and many more in the season's to come.

Geaux Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post

This is very risky. Hope it works out.
    This right here. It is going to be an unpopular take. Desormeaux is a great guy. Everyone loves him. The players love him. He is one of us. It is a wonderful "feel good" selection. I just think it is too soon for him. He does not have the depth of experience that we need to take us up to another level. Nor does he have the network needed to find great assistants or to recruit like we need. I hope he surrounds himself with deeply experienced assistants. I also hope that a year from now I have to eat every word of this.

13. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Congrats Coach Des! Looking forward to winning our bowl game in 2 weeks and many more in the season's to come.

Geaux Cajuns!
    I resemble this post with all my heart . . .

Don’t let this thread ever get deleted. Going to be plenty of good “I told you so” fodder one way or the other

Best of luck to Coach Dez

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    And exactly how did Bobby Bowden leave? Program sliding downhill and is yet to recover.
    After winning National Titles, getting them into a P5 conference and making them nationally relevant on a yearly basis. I will take that in a heart beat.

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information