Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Don’t think he is ready

2. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Where?
    If you don’t know, probably you should not be here complaining . . .

This hire is the absolute epitome of “Scared Money Don’t Make Money”. We shall see...

High School? Apples and Oranges

The players seem to be on board and happy about the hire and that’s what is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    This is Dr Maggard doing his thing. He doesn't make hires to be popular, he makes them to WIN and do it the right way.

We won't know for sure for a few years, but if this hire works out, he could be a guy that NEVER leaves UL and becomes our Bobby Bowden.
    If he can make us a national power that would be great…. 9-10 win seasons are minimum requirement for this program.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Wonder what his salary will be. I'm guessing 500-700k. Also curious who will be the coordinators.
    Should pay him $1M. Save $1M off of Napier's salary, still pay a top conference salary, get $3M from Florida, now let's build the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    To put this in perspective, no other P5 or G5 program in the country would hire MD as their Offensive Coordinator at this point of his career, but we make him Head Coach.

I believe this is a poor choice by Dr. Maggard.

I truly hope I'm wrong and he has tremendous success as our Cajuns Coach. I will gladly admit my error in judging both Dr. Maggard and Coach Des.
    Agreed. Talk about USL'ing it.

We had the opportunity to go out and attract the next Billy Napier.

Wow. Just wow.

April fools?

I knew this was going to be a tough position to fill. One of my first thoughts was maybe he might be a little young to become head coach of one of the best schools in the group of five. Maybe another year might have helped his resume, but we certainly did not want to
    lose him to another school. He certainly would have had many attractive offers after his nuce run here. After further review he did serve as co OC and no telling how much sweat equity he has put into our football program. Billy was not a HC or tenured OC and he worked out well. Years from now we might be talking about Des as one of the great coaches to come from The Napier Coaching Tree. I trust that Dr Maggard feels this hire gives us the best chance for success. And I know how much heart and soul that Des has as a man, a player, and a coach. GEAUX CAJUNS!!

Quote Originally Posted by du42 View Post
    Don’t think he is ready
    How so?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    The players seem to be on board and happy about the hire and that’s what is most important.
    No it’s not. This most important thing is to make the right hire. That very well could be Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    BIG MISTAKE!!!!!! PROVE ME WRONG PLEASE! I really think think this is USLING it. He has not been anywhere else he hasnt been a head coach anywhere, why would you hire him as a head coach?
    Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    Half of these players will be gone in a couple of years. That carries no weight. You don't hire who the players suggest. You hire the best qualified, experienced, coach out there.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    If he can make us a national power that would be great…. 9-10 win seasons are minimum requirement for this program.
    No, winning the West and Getting into Championship Game, that's the minimum..

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Should pay him $1M. Save $1M off of Napier's salary, still pay a top conference salary, get $3M from Florida, now let's build the stadium.
    Considering Napier got less than a million when he hired on and he had substantially more experience than des. I highly doubt he gets paid 1 million

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information