Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    So a guy who is the co-offensive coordinator at a top G5 program couldn't land a job as an offensive coordinator at any G5 in the country? Your words not mine. Just think that statement is a little over the top.
    I believe it's true and if you think about it, you would too.

Wonder what his salary will be. I'm guessing 500-700k. Also curious who will be the coordinators.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    I hope Des accepts an SEC job in 4 years. That would mean the train is still rolling! I’m going donate $28 to the RCAF in honor of that 28-0 beat down we put on Des his freshman year of high school! I would have congratulated him when I shook his hand last night if I had inside scoop.
    You played at Iota or welsh?

I was his center that year lol.

This is Dr Maggard doing his thing. He doesn't make hires to be popular, he makes them to WIN and do it the right way.

We won't know for sure for a few years, but if this hire works out, he could be a guy that NEVER leaves UL and becomes our Bobby Bowden.

This is a 100% better hire than Mark Hudspeth. Time will tell how good he is but I don’t see much drop off in his ability to garner the respect of his team like Napier did. Can he get the players he wants and the staff he needs, that remains to be seen.
    Mike was instrumental in the revival of Cajun football. Without him we wouldn’t have had those good offenses in the Bustle years. He came in and we started winning football games. I think he’ll do the same as coach.

Lmao!

7. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Napier had a tremendous resume. Not the same. Napier wasn't even associated with Louisiana in any way. Why not continue with what worked, hire a highly qualified, experienced coordinator.
    Because you are butt hurt and don’t know it does not mean it isn’t so. In fact others who were much more in the know decided it. I don’t know what that makes you, other than a cheese eater. I seem to recall that you were on here all season long eating cheese while those in charge just reeled off 12 in a row . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    This is Dr Maggard doing his thing. He doesn't make hires to be popular, he makes them to WIN and do it the right way.

We won't know for sure for a few years, but if this hire works out, he could be a guy that NEVER leaves UL and becomes our Bobby Bowden.
    And exactly how did Bobby Bowden leave? Program sliding downhill and is yet to recover.

CONGRATS COACH MIKE !!! I BELIEVE IN YOU !!!
    NOBODY WILL OUTWORK YOU !!!

10. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post

He’s leaving UL one way or another. The Bobby Bowden era is over. When Bobby came on the scene there were many independents to build around. ND, Miami, Pittsburgh, South Carolina to name a few national champions though no USC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    BIG MISTAKE!!!!!! PROVE ME WRONG PLEASE! I really think think this is USLING it. He has not been anywhere else he hasnt been a head coach anywhere, why would you hire him as a head coach?
    He was a head coach before Napier was

Congrats to Coach Des. Let's keep the train on the tracks, keep rolling.

I like it...have been that guy, promoted from AE to sales manager....seemless situation that means tons by not having to retool the whole thing...i think Maggard just made a 10 year+ hire.

Of course, the same group here on RP (RPCA) b I t c h in g is the same group that would have put LL as far away as possible from a football field...there is that..

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    He was a head coach before Napier was
    Where? High School? Really we comparing that ?

Congratulations Coach Desormeaux. I hope you enjoy much success as the new head Coach. I trust Dr. Maggard. So far, his hiring has been stellar.

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information