Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Wow. I kind of don’t know what to think. Whatever is best for the program, but this just seems so risky. Or maybe not. I’m just lost.

Saw it on FB, must be true.

I’m like many here, don’t like this, yet trust Maggard fully. Don’t see how he’s the most qualified and have seen too many times how the coach the players and assistants wanted hired failed. I will support fully, will not hope for failure to come back and say I’m right. Just saying I don’t have a great feeling. I have zero information that Dr. Maggard has, so at this point I trust that his assessment of the situation as he knows it will be the best decision for the program.

Hired a guy with a worse Resmue than Baldwin... good luck sell it Maggard going to take a lot

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    I hope Des accepts an SEC job in 4 years. That would mean the train is still rolling! I’m going donate $28 to the RCAF in honor of that 28-0 beat down we put on Des his freshman year of high school! I would have congratulated him when I shook his hand last night if I had inside scoop.
    I just hope he is successful! SMH! I mean that in the best way possible. This is a Hail Mary when we don't have to throw the Hail Mary

I have to say I am very surprised but if Napier and Maggard believe Mike is the right hire, then Mike is the right hire! On a personal note, I am absolutely thrilled for Mike! I’ve known him a long time, played ball with him in HS and he was the best player I’ve ever played on any field with in any sport

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    ?? Really.... Think you are being overly dramatic with that statement. And Desormeaux didn't get this job without the support of the guy who totally changed Cajun football over the past four years.
    Not at all, it's being realistic about the situation.

Napier came out of nowhere, at least for most of us fans. How many "name" coaches around the country have been complete flops. As I posted in another thread Napier was more like a CEO and had a "system". IF Desormeaux can continue to build the "system" then I believe he is the right hire.

9. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Cheese, you really need to stock up on cheese . . .

"Desormeaux is also a relentless recruiter, playing an instrumental role in the team securing the top recruiting class in the Sun Belt in 2019, 2020 and 2021. With his influence, the Ragin' Cajuns currently own the second-ranked class in the league ahead of the 2022 signing period.

He also has strong ties with local high school coaches and has continued to build strong ties with prep coaches around the state..."

Quote Originally Posted by Textitan View Post
    I’m like many here, don’t like this, yet trust Maggard fully. Don’t see how he’s the most qualified and have seen too many times how the coach the players and assistants wanted hired failed. I will support fully, will not hope for failure to come back and say I’m right. Just saying I don’t have a great feeling. I have zero information that Dr. Maggard has, so at this point I trust that his assessment of the situation as he knows it will be the best decision for the program.
    The world we live in now there are people that would rather see the Cajuns lose so they can be right.

Im not sold on the pick, but I sure in the heck want him to be successful. I trust Maggard. Hope this wasn’t a money move.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    So a guy who is the co-offensive coordinator at a top G5 program couldn't land a job as an offensive coordinator at any G5 in the country? Your words not mine. Just think that statement is a little over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I trust in Maggard. That said…I’m not understanding how this is the best hire we could make right now.
    I HOPE so!
    I hope so…

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Napier came out of nowhere, at least for most of us fans. How many "name" coaches around the country have been complete flops. As I posted in another thread Napier was more like a CEO and had a "system". IF Desormeaux can continue to build the "system" then I believe he is the right hire.
    Napier had a tremendous resume. Not the same. Napier wasn't even associated with Louisiana in any way. Why not continue with what worked, hire a highly qualified, experienced coordinator.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    The world we live in now there are people that would rather see the Cajuns lose so they can be right.
    No I am hope I am wrong!! Please I want to be wrong so bad! Look at what we are talking about

Pete Golding > Mike Desormeaux?

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information