Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst . 20 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    I have to say I am very surprised but if Napier and Maggard believe Mike is the right hire, then Mike is the right hire! On a personal note, I am absolutely thrilled for Mike! I’ve known him a long time, played ball with him in HS and he was the best player I’ve ever played on any field with in any sport
    I said all along I was happy with whomever Dr. Maggard chose.

To add to that, he was the recommendation by Coach Napier and this is a great continuation of the cULture that has been put into place over the last four years.

As usual, there are many "green grass posters on here. I am surprised at the hire BUT am all in! I am only surprised because I don't know Mike's ability first hand, the same as everyone else on this board. But who does, oh right, the ones in charge.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    All of you people need to chill out. We are all 100% invested in Mike being successful as head coach of our Louisiana Ragin Cajuns. The fact that some of us have legitimate concerns about his readiness for the job does not equate to us "hating" him or even the hire. I have not seen one person here express doubt about Mike's character or work ethic or commitment to the job at hand. What I have seen are concerns very similar to those which a proud parent might have were their beloved child to receive a sudden and unexpected promotion to a position at work.

Every on of us wants him to succeed. We all want him to be as good as or better than his coaching parent CBN. Some of us are mothers who can see no wrong in their offspring; others are fathers who believe wholeheartedly that he CAN do the job, but see the possibility that he might have needed more time and experience to fully equip himself to handle it.

None of us are wrong.
    Is this one of your old posts? You just replaced all the Levi’s with mikes name?? Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Ultimately Maggard does not make the Hire T-Joe does. What If this was a cost saving measure to help balance the budget. If the contract comes out with him making 600k a year I will be very very worried.
    Why would you pay him much more than that? He's a first-time college head coach. If he proves his worth over a year or two he'll get raises just like Napier.

All of you people need to chill out. We are all 100% invested in Mike being successful as head coach of our Louisiana Ragin Cajuns. The fact that some of us have legitimate concerns about his readiness for the job does not equate to us "hating" him or even the hire. I have not seen one person here express doubt about Mike's character or work ethic or commitment to the job at hand. What I have seen are concerns very similar to those which a proud parent might have were their beloved child to receive a sudden and unexpected promotion to a position at work.

Every on of us wants him to succeed. We all want him to be as good as or better than his coaching parent CBN. Some of us are mothers who can see no wrong in their offspring; others are fathers who believe wholeheartedly that he CAN do the job, but see the possibility that he might have needed more time and experience to fully equip himself to handle it.

None of us are wrong.
    Yep. It's ok to have questions and/or concerns. It is NOT ok to judge this before he's coached his first game.

I disagree with "none of us are wrong." I think those who have already decided "we USL'd this one" are dead wrong.

Now as far as salary is concerned, Billy's original salary was 750 plus incentives. He earned the raises he got. I would expect Mike's salary to be somewhere in that range, give or take 100K.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Is this one of your old posts? You just replaced all the Levi’s with mikes name?? Haha
    It isn't; but it is a similar message.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Why would you pay him much more than that? He's a first-time college head coach. If he proves his worth over a year or two he'll get raises just like Napier.
    If the previous choice was making 2 mill and the next was 600k would be some red flags in most industries

None of us are wrong.
    You are reading some of this stuff and just seeing questions being asked? Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Yep. It's ok to have questions and/or concerns. It is NOT ok to judge this before he's coached his first game.

I disagree with "none of us are wrong." I think those who have already decided "we USL'd this one" are dead wrong.

Now as far as salary is concerned, Billy's original salary was 750 plus incentives. He earned the raises he got. I would expect Mike's salary to be somewhere in that range, give or take 100K.
    So cheap you said it yourself we have some budgetary concerns. This is a way to save face while saving money aka Dr.A aka USL

9. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

None of us are wrong.
    Solid analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    So cheap you said it yourself we have some budgetary concerns. This is a way to save face while saving money aka Dr.A aka USL
    Sorry, sir. You know not from whence you speak on this one. The salary for the new coach was always going to be in the 750 range, the same as Billy.

No way you're going to start a head coach at 1.5 million or anything like that. That's not because of budgetary concerns, either. That's just being smart.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

I agree that it is wrong to judge at this time; but it is neither right nor wrong to express concern.

As to the "none of us are wrong", perhaps I was a bit more general than I should have been. I agree with you as to those who have already decided we have "USL'ed" this hire. Those who fear we might have done so are likely old farts like me who have seen us do so far too many times.

For the record, I am not one who thinks we might have "USL'ed" it. I do have concerns about experience and knowledge necessary to make good staff hires. That said, Mike has never been a "Me" guy. I firmly believe that if he is uncertain about something he will reach out to Dr. Maggard, Billy and/or other more experienced folks that he knows and trusts for advice, then make his own decision.

I trust Dr. Maggard to have done his due diligence. More importantly, I trust Mike to give his absolute best effort to this job. I firmly believe that, even if there are some stumbles along the way, Mike will make us all proud of him. He always has.

Sorry, sir. You know not from whence you speak on this one. The salary for the new coach was always going to be in the 750 range, the same as Billy.

No way you're going to start a head coach at 1.5 million or anything like that. That's not because of budgetary concerns, either. That's just being smart.
    Maggard said salary would be 1.2 if that candidate warranted it so um

I'll go full MAT on you jack-wads! If you're complaining and saying Dr Maggard USLed this, go home and pound sand, or eat rocks, or whatever clean way of saying to ____! Having concerns is one thing but downing the hire and saying it won't work a few hours after the hire is announced shows that you're just hear to b---h. You guys are idiots who need to stay at your damn house and keep your mouth shut! You shouldn't call yourself Cajun fans. You should turn in your red, go to your local Wal-Mart, and start wearing purple.

If he starting salary was always going to be around $750K. Then I think it’s fair to say that many of the names we saw in here were not real candidates because we certainly couldn’t have gotten them at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    I'll go full MAT on you jack-wads! If you're complaining and saying Dr Maggard USLed this, go home and pound sand, or eat rocks, or whatever clean way of saying to F-Off! Having concerns is one thing but downing the hire and saying it won't work a few hours after the hire is announced shows that you're just hear to b---h. You guys are idiots who need to stay at your damn house and keep your mouth shut! You shouldn't call yourself Cajun fans. You should turn in your red, go to your local Wal-Mart, and start wearing purple.
    The ville bringing the heat!

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst . 20 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread Information