Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst . 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 . LastLast

Thread: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Well usually coaching searches are kept quiet to protect the candidates and the schools….The only way you might find out is if you ask Maggard directly. Besides that Des is your coach and it is time to rally behind him. At this point we need to keep this train rolling. All the anti Des people on this board don’t want him as head coach because he came from UL and that he has not coached anywhere else in college. Point to me in the rules of hiring a college coach that the coach you hire must have bounced around the college ranks to be a credible candidate. This guy has been in the Napier system “Franchising the Process”. If this dude follows the recipe he can be successful. If Maggard and Napier think this dude should be the guy then I am all on board with that. Time to strap it up and let’s see what happens.
    "Franchising the process"sort of says it allwell said!!

2. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Napier is Lazer focused organized

Desormeaux is Lazer focused organized.

3. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I will make sure, when I communicate to Dr. Savoie, as I have done in the past, what I think of picking out a coach before a proper selection process is done.
    And based upon what we have seen from you here, I feel quite sure he will file this one in your regular personal file that he keeps in his office right under his desk . . .

Let’s see the facts.
    I'm sure he'll share the tens of resumes he received.wasnt the number "at least a hundred" used by Maggard during one of his interviews?

Supporters are entitled to know.
    Your middle name is entitled

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Nope Napier never was there. You must be thinking of someone else.
    Read that here. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Napier

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    He never actually coached there and doesn't mention that stop as he was at FSU for like 2 or 3 weeks during the off season.

Supporters are entitled to know.
    What's your rcaf rank, Mr Supporter?

At first I was WTF just happened but then I realize I know nothing about Coach Mike to assume he can't get the job done. Talking to a great friend really made me realize I was upset over nothing. Welcome aboard Coach Mike lead our Cajuns to the next level. I refuse to worry about anything I have no control over but heck I'm just a fan. See you all in Nawlins GEAUX CAJUNS

10. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    And based upon what we have seen from you here, I feel quite sure he will file this one in your regular personal file that he keeps in his office right under his desk . . .
    That's why I called you lead blocker last week.

Running interference for Martin Hall. That place where all the VP reports get filed.

I trust Dr. Maggard on this hire, but it is a bit of a head scratcher and a gamble.
    I'll say this, if it does work out and CMD can successfully continue the cULture and process we may have a stable coaching situation for 10+ years.

I read a espn article that Dan Lanning was interviewed if that is true. we USLed the ____ out of this

13. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    As I tried to explain last week, this was a unique coaching hire for UL.

Because every other football hire ever, we were trying to fix something.

Now we are trying to sustain it.

You think Dr. Maggard is taking a chance here. I do not.

I think taking a chance would be to hire ________________, watch him fire the whole staff, watch a dozen or more players enter the transfer portal to go along with the graduating seniors and have to rebuild something that didn't need rebuilding.

Or you take the advice of a man who took your program to heights we've only dreamed of, along with other former coaches who all said the same thing: Mike is ready.

Now, some of you said ( and I totally understand) about Mike never having coached anywhere elsethat he needed experience. What you aren't understanding is, the experience was brought to HIM in the person of Billy Napier.

I think promoting from within was absolutely the smartest move. Now, he'll have to make good hires with Toney, Juluke and Hocke leaving. We will miss those guys and there's a reason why Billy is taking them to FL.

And, we know what's going to happen now. Every time we lose a game, some of you will be screaming Maggard made a mistake, just like some of you screamed every time Levi didn't make a play.

Now, to answer some questions that were asked but not answered here.

Mike will be formally introduced Tuesday afternoon. Everyone will be on the road recruiting tomorrow. I'm pretty sure the public will be invited, and I"m sure it will be at the Stadium Club.

Bryan did not give terms of the contract because there are still a couple of things to be worked out. That will be unveiled Tuesday as well. And, yes, Mike does have representation.

Mike was offered the job noon Friday.

As I said earlier in the week, Mike checks every one of Maggard's boxes.

I've known Mike since he set foot on campus. He was one of the best competitors I've ever covered and was as tough as anyone we've had at the QB position. He has a high moral compass. He's a good family man.

I think Dr. Maggard has hit another homer.
    Thank you Jay agree with you a 100% percent like I stated on here yesterday. Dr Maggard has made nothing but great hires since he has been here and Dr Maggard is not trying to fix anything with this hire but to take it even further. Also with Coach Mike you have someone who played at UL and was the only coach Napier retained off coach hud staff and was recommended for this job by coach Napier. This will be a fantastic hire and will support coach Mike 100%

All of you people need to chill out. We are all 100% invested in Mike being successful as head coach of our Louisiana Ragin Cajuns. The fact that some of us have legitimate concerns about his readiness for the job does not equate to us "hating" him or even the hire. I have not seen one person here express doubt about Mike's character or work ethic or commitment to the job at hand. What I have seen are concerns very similar to those which a proud parent might have were their beloved child to receive a sudden and unexpected promotion to a position at work.

Every on of us wants him to succeed. We all want him to be as good as or better than his coaching parent CBN. Some of us are mothers who can see no wrong in their offspring; others are fathers who believe wholeheartedly that he CAN do the job, but see the possibility that he might have needed more time and experience to fully equip himself to handle it.

None of us are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by cajungrad2001 View Post
    Thank you Jay agree with you a 100% percent like I stated on here yesterday. Dr Maggard has made nothing but great hires since he has been here and Dr Maggard is not trying to fix anything with this hire but to take it even further. Also with Coach Mike you have someone who played at UL and was the only coach Napier retained off coach hud staff and was recommended for this job by coach Napier. This will be a fantastic hire and will support coach Mike 100%
    Ultimately Maggard does not make the Hire T-Joe does. What If this was a cost saving measure to help balance the budget. If the contract comes out with him making 600k a year I will be very very worried. Pivot off this Napier gave his recommendation for Dez because he wanted Tony in Florida with him and not the HC here?

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst . 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 . LastLast

Thread Information