Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst . 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 . LastLast

Thread: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Quibedaeux too. And Cam George was a stud in HS curious to see if he pans out.

Who better to pull for than your own.
    Coach Clay Clotier is also there. Good dudes.

My point is who(coach) would you not be worried about, I think you’re just worried period.
    Who wouldn’t be? You are acting like it’s a sure thing. Who are we? A G5 team in a harsh hellscape that is modern college football. They say winning fixes everything. So we win. We get nothing in return. Same bowl game with ____ty opponents. Internal hires that makes everyone who didn’t watch the Cajuns during the Bustle era scratch their heads. Commits are jumping ship. Press box renovation sounds like it’s being delayed.

That’s a ton of ____ to be worried about. And right now we have our Co-OC driving the bus. The coordinators we wanted to stay have gone. This is an extremely perilous situation.

I trust in Maggard, but I know he’s not perfect. At this level, with our budgetary restrictions, we have a razor thin margin for error. I’ll say it again, Hubris is real.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    It shouldn't be a surprise. I mentioned 2 months ago on the South Alabama game thread that the next UL coach was already on the staff. Guys listen to JMV every once in a while. I personally am not that close to the sources, but I have a podna who is as close to the source as can be. This has been in the making for a while. Dr. Maggard is a smart man and has folks lined up ready to take over if needed. Post 306 of this thread if you don't want to go back that far. Listen to me other external candidates were interviewed. Dr. Maggard even flew to meet a few.
    Do you have flight tracker footage to prove this? JUST KIDDING, however, it will be nice to hear the good doctor say this for himself instead a message board guru.

I'm also an Acadiana High Grad, way before you. So what. This is about UL. This is about hiring the best possible candidate for the job. Some of you are so oblivious as to what has kept UL down in the first place. So essentially, JMVCajuns, you are saying, Dr. Maggard never set out to find the best person available, he had set his mind on an internal hire weeks ago. Wow, that is reassuring.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Do you have flight tracker footage to prove this? JUST KIDDING, however, it will be nice to hear the good doctor say this for himself instead a message board guru.
    He did mentioned that internal and external candidates were interviewed.

Of course I’m excepting the hire. Its F ing MIKE D!!! Who else would you want to see win here more than him. I can’t wait to pull for this guy. Screw Saban and his espn supported ass, and the tree growing out of it.

I’m also an Acadian high grad and love seeing Rams on the Cajuns roster. Got a handful at the moment.
    Sorry, It's MIKE D, doesn't do anything for me.

I don’t think it’s a lock. I love the hire. I’m glad it’s from within. I’m not going to over react to the minute by minute changes happening. Yes if a staff or coach recruited a player and now that staff or coach is gone I expect some decommits. But it’s day 1. Let the dust settle. If we don’t sign a solid enough class in February, then start worrying. Nothing you can control at this point.

And yes billy won here like never before and locally and nationally still didn’t get recognition. That’s why he’s gone and I wish he would have said it on the way out. This community should be embarrassed by the support we gave.

Napier, rankings, and Mike are all more than this community deserves. But for the small group of diehards. 15,000 or so, I bet the majority loves the hire. Call it what you want.

I don’t think it’s a lock. I love the hire. I’m glad it’s from within. I’m not going to over react to the minute by minute changes happening. Yes if a staff or coach recruited a player and now that staff or coach is gone I expect some decommits. But it’s day 1. Let the dust settle. If we don’t sign a solid enough class in February, then start worrying. Nothing you can control at this point.

And yes billy won here like never before and locally and nationally still didn’t get recognition. That’s why he’s gone and I wish he would have said it on the way out. This community should be embarrassed by the support we gave.

Napier, rankings, and Mike are all more than this community deserves. But for the small group of diehards. 15,000 or so, I bet the majority loves the hire. Call it what you want.
    I'm a diehard fan. Not just a fan. An Alum, a supporter and a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I'm also an Acadiana High Grad, way before you. So what. This is about UL. This is about hiring the best possible candidate for the job. Some of you are so oblivious as to what has kept UL down in the first place. So essentially, JMVCajuns, you are saying, Dr. Maggard never set out to find the best person available, he had set his mind on an internal hire weeks ago. Wow, that is reassuring.
    I never said that. I said Dr. Maggard has been looking for Coach Napier replacement for a while now. Coach Napier was never supposed to be hear longer than 2 or 3 years. The best available is Mike in Dr. Maggards eyes. Believe me if Mike doesn't work out Dr. Maggard already has his wish list ready.

Y’all are like the FBI. We need bugs in maggards office. I need to know exactly who and what was said. Did we interview everyone possible, did we settle for Mike? Did anyone turn down the job? Did we USL it? Are we going to suck again?

Take a breath. We are winners. We will stay winners.
    Why does this sound like an LSU thread? Oh yeah, we'll be fine UL recruits itself. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I'm a diehard fan.
    More like a negative blow hard.

He did mentioned that internal and external candidates were interviewed.
    The Acadiana high point was to say. I like my high school players going play for my college and my college players going play for the saints( my pro team). I promise you a lot of fbs teams have coaches who played at that school and it works.

Cheerleader.

Because I won't accept cronyism?

I’ve called it hubris. Complete lack of humility. Everything will be fine. What, me worry?

Professionally and personally I’ve always found people who worry about everything are usually over-prepared for what happens, and people who don’t usually get hit over the head with what they didn’t think they needed to worry about.

As far as this decision goes, it’s a lynch pin in the future of this program. Hopefully Maggard sheds some light on the hiring process, because we deserve it.

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst . 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 . LastLast

Thread Information