Thread: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Yes social media is a blaze with the Dez hire a bunch of .meh

At least Bob Marlin a has complementary coach in football
    We get it. You don't like the hire.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Can someone find this guys opinion of the Napier hire 4 years ago?? I can’t imagine any positivity.
    I was hyped after looking at his coaching tree. Then more so after the staff he brought in with juluke from Texas Tech and RR from SLU.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    We get it. You don't like the hire.
    I mean a postion coach with zero experience outside of Acadiana. I don't see many positives

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Billy’s classes got more stars than any class in our history. That’s why we are ranked.
    I think the point was develop and coach up players. There’s a lot of
    6-6 even 5-7 teams with 5 stars on them.

We don’t need to rebuild because we are still building. Best yet to come!!!!

Think about it. Napier’s considered a top 20-30 coach in the country. So we expect to replace him with better at UL. Let be real. As good as we’ve been we still aren’t a top 50 job.

Mike D is the man for the job. Wait and see.
    Why aren’t we a top 50 job? We’ve finished in the top 25 two years running, and our coach just got poached by one the elite programs.

Saying this isn’t a job young and hungry coaches wouldn’t fight for is simply incorrect.

The issue here is…Did Maggard hire to Des to keep everything together or because he was the best candidate?

There’s always going to be more than one way to skin a cat. Napier’s way worked, but will it always work? College football evolves at break neck speed.

I want to be dead wrong, but this hire reeks of being too scared to roll the dice and start over from scratch. I’d rather not be the program that tries to repeat what worked in the past while every other program is moving forward trying to find the next big thing.

We are getting trounced on thr recruiting trail even after announcing a new coach from the staff not a good sign if Dez was our main recruiter
    We are losing the Texas kids that Toney recruited.

Why aren’t we a top 50 job? We’ve finished in the top 25 two years running, and our coach just got poached by one the elite programs.

Saying this isn’t a job young and hungry coaches wouldn’t fight for is simply incorrect.

The issue here is…Did Maggard hire to Des to keep everything together or because he was the best candidate?

There’s always going to be more than one way to skin a cat. Napier’s way worked, but will it always work? College football evolves at break neck speed.

I want to be dead wrong, but this hire reeks of being too scared to roll the dice and start over from scratch. I’d rather not be the program that tries to repeat what worked in the past while every other program is moving forward trying to find the next big thing.
    I agree with most of what you said. However if we continue to Alabama model, it has been successful and evolved over the years keeping them at the top of college football. The key is to develop a solid base that can handle changes and other viewpoints.

You want to start over from scratch??? Glad you’re not the AD. Obviously we’ve never lost a coach to a better job.

The reality is don’t fix what’s not broken. The man that built it put his stamp on Mike D excuse me if that’s not enough for you and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    I agree with most of what you said. However if we continue to Alabama model, it has been successful and evolved over the years keeping them at the top of college football. The key is to develop a solid base that can handle changes and other viewpoints.
    We cannot sustain the Alabama model. No one can, but Alabama. LSU can’t even do it. It’s easy to evolve when the reason you are where you are isn’t leaving for a new job. We do not have that luxury, instead we are hiring internally hoping Des can replicate what Napier did. That’s not a solid base to work from. Ever heard of the Peter Principle?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    If you want the Bama model you go after Golding or the UGA Co-DC . you know guys who worked there

We cannot sustain the Alabama model. No one can, but Alabama. LSU can’t even do it. It’s easy to evolve when the reason you are where you are isn’t leaving for a new job. We do not have that luxury, instead we are hiring internally hoping Des can replicate what Napier did. That’s not a solid base to work from. Ever heard of the Peter Principle?
    I worry its a cheap hire to balance the budget. When asked about the 3 mill from the buyout. Instead of going to football it's going into the general athletic fund.

If you want the Bama model you go after Golding or the UGA Co-DC . you know guys who worked there
    Golding was caught on tape groping bama cheerleaders. I will pass.

Can someone find this guys opinion of the Napier hire 4 years ago?? I can’t imagine any positivity.
    The Napier hire was well liked by everyone. He had qualifications. He was experienced, in the highest programs. He was an actual Offensive coordinator, he was recommended by the best. Plus, we were a losing G5 program, had sanctions placed against us, and had very little winning history.
    A whole different situation than now.

Can’t see the forest through the trees it’s not like Saban is a fountain of football knowledge that you have to touch everyday to get the knowledge. It can be passed down from coach to coach. It’s a philosophy not a bloodline. Mike D like billy has seen a formula and model that works. He can tweak it and take from it what he thinks works and move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    He never coached TE at Bama.
    Correct, it was at Florida state.

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 . LastLast

Thread Information