Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 . LastLast

Thread: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Every single college team that is good has good players leaving every year. Your point?

Oh, you just picking on the new guy . . .
    I do think it was a lazy / cheap hire. But that's besides the point the last staff had connections from Texas to South Carolina what do we have outside the state.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    For the folks that think Mike can't get coaches to come here. Listen if he wants he can cherry pick any team in the sunbelt conference for coaches. For any opening he will not have any shortage of coaches applying.
    Has he worked with any of them or they will have to trust him? That's a huge concern with never having left to build connections else where

3. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Sure the
    Butler , Manac and Humphreys grow on trees
    Oh, I missed the part that those guys were getting another year of eligibility if Billy stayed.

As I tried to explain last week, this was a unique coaching hire for UL.

Because every other football hire ever, we were trying to fix something.

Now we are trying to sustain it.

You think Dr. Maggard is taking a chance here. I do not.

I think taking a chance would be to hire ________________, watch him fire the whole staff, watch a dozen or more players enter the transfer portal to go along with the graduating seniors and have to rebuild something that didn't need rebuilding.

Or you take the advice of a man who took your program to heights we've only dreamed of, along with other former coaches who all said the same thing: Mike is ready.

Now, some of you said ( and I totally understand) about Mike never having coached anywhere elsethat he needed experience. What you aren't understanding is, the experience was brought to HIM in the person of Billy Napier.

I think promoting from within was absolutely the smartest move. Now, he'll have to make good hires with Toney, Juluke and Hocke leaving. We will miss those guys and there's a reason why Billy is taking them to FL.

And, we know what's going to happen now. Every time we lose a game, some of you will be screaming Maggard made a mistake, just like some of you screamed every time Levi didn't make a play.

Now, to answer some questions that were asked but not answered here.

Mike will be formally introduced Tuesday afternoon. Everyone will be on the road recruiting tomorrow. I'm pretty sure the public will be invited, and I"m sure it will be at the Stadium Club.

Bryan did not give terms of the contract because there are still a couple of things to be worked out. That will be unveiled Tuesday as well. And, yes, Mike does have representation.

Mike was offered the job noon Friday.

As I said earlier in the week, Mike checks every one of Maggard's boxes.

I've known Mike since he set foot on campus. He was one of the best competitors I've ever covered and was as tough as anyone we've had at the QB position. He has a high moral compass. He's a good family man.

I think Dr. Maggard has hit another homer.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Oh, I missed the part that those guys were getting another year of eligibility if Billy stayed.
    If you ready before I said you can rebuild through the transfer portal especially with guys connected to Bama or UGA.

Awesome post Jay.

7. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

If you ready before I said you can rebuild through the transfer portal especially with guys connected to Bama or UGA.
    Sorry I’ve been having a lot of issues with the threads being cut up by pop up ads.

8. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

How about if you are not ready before . . .

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post

I think taking a chance would be to hire ________________, watch him fire the whole staff, watch a dozen or more players enter the transfer portal to go along with the graduating seniors and have to rebuild something that didn't need rebuilding.

Or you take the advice of a man who took your program to heights we've only dreamed of, along with other former coaches who all said the same thing: Mike is ready.

Now, some of you said ( and I totally understand) about Mike never having coached anywhere elsethat he needed experience. What you aren't understanding is, the experience was brought to HIM in the person of Billy Napier.

I think promoting from within was absolutely the smartest move. Now, he'll have to make good hires with Toney, Juluke and Hocke leaving. We will miss those guys and there's a reason why Billy is taking them to FL.

And, we know what's going to happen now. Every time we lose a game, some of you will be screaming Maggard made a mistake, just like some of you screamed every time Levi didn't make a play.

Mike will be formally introduced Tuesday afternoon. Everyone will be on the road recruiting tomorrow. I'm pretty sure the public will be invited, and I"m sure it will be at the Stadium Club.

Bryan did not give terms of the contract because there are still a couple of things to be worked out. That will be unveiled Tuesday as well. And, yes, Mike does have representation.

I've known Mike since he set foot on campus. He was one of the best competitors I've ever covered and was as tough as anyone we've had at the QB position. He has a high moral compass. He's a good family man.

Agreed way to ealry for CDS

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    How about if you are not ready before . . .
    You can go afterwards and still be wrong

I have the same impression about Dez, but I don't have your access or insight.

And your other points are well-taken.

Thanks, Jay.

12. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

You can go afterwards and still be wrong
    I will go ahead with the informed decision of Maggard and CBN together with what I saw when he was introduced to HIS team as opposed to the uninformed armchair whining analysis which you have provided . . . things continue to be just peaches and cream as a Louisiana football fan . . .

No one is questioning Mike as a person. His character. Or if he is a family man. And hiring a coach with more experience and experience from different programs doesnt mean that person would come in and scrap everything done here and completely make it over. Thats silly. Having concerns about whether he can pull quality candidates from places other than Louisiana. Thats a legitimate concern, and it doesnt mean being negative or Maggard is "suddenly an idiot" for making this hire. I will reserve my judgement when I see what kind of staff he is able to bring in. Either way, he is our guy and I back him 100% until he proves otherwise.

The best part of this post is that you can’t deny you’re in bed with the University anymore. And bring back BirdofParadise.

Good post Jay. Some of us were surprised but we do not know what goes on behind the closed doors. From his playing days, I know he is tough as nails. I have also heard that he was an exceptional student. Apparently, he has a high football IQ as well. I am very excited for the opportunity he is being given and I hope Dr. Maggard is (again) proven a super AD with this hire.

Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 . LastLast

Thread Information