Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 . LastLast

Thread: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Mike Desormeaux is going to be one of the most organized coaches ever to walk the Louisiana sidelines.

He will end up being first or second next to Napier.

I wish the resume the Athletic Department put out today had more on his coaching, and less on his playing career.

Even though their paths now part, I think it is amazing that Mike had as many interceptions in a single game as Levi Lewis had all year.
    I thought this was a pop up ad stumping for Levi Lewis.

Our last promotion within worked great for us: Patrick Toney. Defense was stellar this year, and a huge reason for our success.

Prior to being DC, here was his resume:

UL: D Coordinator 1 year; Safeties Coach 3 years
    UTSA: Safeties Coach
    SHSU: Secondary Coach
    SLU: Special Teams Coordinator/Safeties

Prior to PT's promotion, all we heard from Coach Napier was how he was a future star. I think Coach Napier has an eye for talent, for both players and coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    When Billy Napier was announced, most Cajun fans said “who?” He was not a splash hire. Neither was HUD, but both guys elevated the program to unseen levels.

4 years ago, Dr. Maggard heard a recommendation and trusted his gut. He did the same thing today.

Let’s freakin’ GEAUX with DMEAUX!
    All I’m gonna say is we have the coach, the backs and a QB in the room that could bring back…the…

Mighty Ragin Cajun steamrolling zone read freak show!

Not sure if I remembered that right! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Can’t cut what ain’t there!

Berry haircut > Loreauville levee rat mustache!
    Only saw 3 of those mustaches at Top Hat last night. We’re improving.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Super happy for Mike. Regardless of how he does as a coach from a wins and losses perspective, he’ll be a great ambassador for the university and athletic department.
    That text I sent you was spot on. That is one source I can always go to the bank with. Like I said they are as close to the source as the source can be.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I thought this was a pop up ad stumping for Levi Lewis.
    Hawk on a roll

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Only saw 3 of those mustaches at Top Hat last night. We’re improving.
    Top hap brings back fond days of the early 2000 s and late 1990 s when I lived in the Barry. Wild women and even wilder times

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Seems like we did what Notre Dame did. They could have hired just about any head coach in the country. But they promoted within a guy with no previous head coaching experience. I support the hire and think we have enough of the negative discussion. Time we all get on board with this. We'll see soon enough as Coach Des leads UL to the NO Bowl.
    Man, people need to relax with calling questioning a hire as "being negative". If you dont think there is plenty to question about the hire, youre just blindly accepting a decision. But that doesnt mean we dont back the hire or we wont get behind him with our support. Napier and Des' resumes were miles apart when they were hired here. There is no comparison. He was endorsed by 2 of the top coaches in all of college football. Napier had more cachè to bring in good coordinators and staff. My worry is who will Des be able to bring in? He's worked at 1 university. Its a concern. Time will tell. But just because people have concerns doesnt mean we hate Des or thinks he sucks, or thinks "Maggard is suddenly an idiot". Chill the ____ out with that. I hope Im wrong. And feel free to hammer me with all your "I told you so's". Ill gladly accept them. Bottom line is, he is our coach now. So I support him to the fullest. Its day 1.Lets ride!

9. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    I know everyone has an opinion but I don't understand all the negativity. Do you actually think Maggard would hire someone that he didn't believe could continue our success at this level or higher? Desormeaux could be that next up and coming HC, have to give hm a chance. If we are to believe the reports Napier endorsed him. That is high praise in my book. Congrats Coach Mike and you have my support 100%. In fact, I'm going to increase my RCAF donation. Geaux Cajuns!!!
    Agree 100% the ink hasn’t even dried on the contract and this is his first day on the job and everyone is doom and gloom on this board. Maggard has made quality hire after quality hire using the same guidelines every time give the man a chance.

10. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Man, people need to relax with calling questioning a hire as "being negative". If you dont think there is plenty to question about the hire, youre just blindly accepting a decision. But that doesnt mean we dont back the hire or we wont get behind him with our support. Napier and Des' resumes were miles apart when they were hired here. There is no comparison. They were endorsed by 2 of the top coaches in all of college football. Napier had more cachè to bring in good coordinators and staff. My worry is who will Des be able to bring in? He's worked at 1 university. Its a concern. Time will tell. But just because people have concerns doesnt mean we hate Des or thinks he sucks, or thinks "Maggard is suddenly an idiot". Chill the ____ out with that. I hope Im wrong. And feel free to hammer me with all your "I told you so's". Ill gladly accept them. Bottom line is, he is our coach now. So I support him to the fullest. Its day 1.Lets ride!
    You are being negative and it’s a damn shame . . .

UL Football Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

I was hoping for a talented O coordinator from a P5 school but I wish the very best from HCMD. He is walking into some big shoes to fill and I think we all need to help him out emotionally and financially! Dr Maggart has been wise in his hires so let’s move forward!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    ….
    Mighty Ragin Cajun steamrolling zone read freak show!

Not sure if I remembered that right! :-)
    You got it!

That offense was sick.

Resistance was futile.

I can understand why some feel this is a risky hire, but I trust Maggard. Athletic directors don’t keep their jobs by hiring bad coaches. The decision is made and all we can do is support Mike Desormeaux and hope he can keep us on track.

I understand why some people question the hire. I think most of this comes from the feeling that we have been very successful the last three years and the program has been elevated to a position where we can now attract a quality head coach from most anywhere in the country.

There are both pros and cons to hiring a young coach. A young coach can relate with 17-22 year old players way more than a 60 year old coach can. A young coach will be more likely to not be stuck in his way of doing things. One thing which concerns me with a young head coach is the ability to attract top tier coordinators/assistants. I wish Desormeaux would have coached at a few other NCAA schools just to have a bigger network of contacts.

Only time will tell if this is the right hire. Until then… LET’S GEAUX COACH DESORMEAUX!

Quote Originally Posted by cajungrad2001 View Post
    Agree 100% the ink hasn’t even dried on the contract and this is his first day on the job and everyone is doom and gloom on this board. Maggard has made quality hire after quality hire using the same guidelines every time give the man a chance.
    That isn't my read at all. My read is that there is a huge vocal base that is for the hire so anyone questioning it isn't a real fan, or just trolling with negativity. Mike Desormeaux may be able to carry right along with what Billy had going, but he'd sure look a lot better with Toney at DC. The guts of this team & it's ability to obtain a SBC title this season was because of a tenacious defense that ate up the conference's best players & made them look mediocre at best.

Congrats to Mike on the HC hire!

I think most of us (myself included) were just expecting with whatever momentum we had going a bigger "name splash" was happening. I'm not gonna diminish what is a great moment for Coach Desormeaux in his climb up the ranks. Let's get to work and bring on the Herd!

I DO get to say I've seen our new Coach play in person though. that's pretty cool in my book! Cajuns at Illinois back in the day. We almost pulled it off. Coach ran one in also

Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 . LastLast

Thread Information