Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 . LastLast

Thread: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

1. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Our defense made App St. QB look bad.
    There is no saving you, other than maybe you could become a fan of another university if what we are doing here is so bad . . .

Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Good enough for you may not be good enough for others.
    Good enough for Maggard is what matters today.

Time will tell the rest.

Since Napier likes Mike so much will he play us in an Home and Home put his money where his mouth is

4. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Repeat his hire will require state level approval.
    That’s a rubber stamp unless he’s got secrets

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    You building the strawman. Having weaknesses =/= bad quarterback.

CBN thought he was good enough. And he was a key cog in the winningest 3 years for us ever. That’s just facts, padnuh.

Maggard (who picked Napier) and from some accounts (not just here) CBN backed him as well. That’s good enough for me.
    Let’s see what the NFL thinks about him? Let’s see how great he is at the next level. Proof is in the pudding, padnuh. Care to make a wager on it? Show me what you’re made of, padnuh.

Agreed.

Can we agree that App has a good defense too? Or are all of Levi’s failures his alone?
    I agree App has a good Defense. Levi played within himself yesterday and did what he does best, run when given the opportunity and avoid the turnover. I think most people like those qualities about him.

I agree App has a good Defense. Levi played within himself yesterday and did what he does best, run when given the opportunity and avoid the turnover. I think most people like those qualities about him.
    Not the guy I was replying to. He thought he was a bad QB yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Anybody with a set of eyes can see Levi’s weaknesses. Because he shows them consistently. I’m not gonna get into your CHNI straw man shuffle you got rolling today (bias is showing padnuh).
    Anybody with a set of stats can see that a conference-winning, school-record-breaking, MVP quarterback who leads his team to the Top 20 for the first time since WWII, is not a bad quarterback.

Not the guy I was replying to. He thought he was a bad QB yesterday.
    Post #182?

10. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Let’s see what the NFL thinks about him? Let’s see how great he is at the next level. Proof is in the pudding, padnuh. Care to make a wager on it? Show me what you’re made of, padnuh.
    Oh, so now you have Levi in the NFL . . .

More straw men from you. I never claimed he was an NFL qb. Lots of good college QBs never play NFL football.

I don't know of anyone who thinks Lewis will be playing in the NFL. His talents were above average for the G5 level, and his leaderships skills were outstanding. Taken together, this made him a considerably better than average QB for the G5.

Before yesterday Levi’s YPC was at a staunch 2.9. He doesn’t run when he needs to. He makes awful decisions, cannot make short to intermediate easy throws. That wasn’t on him, that was on Napier. But, we won, so no wonder nothing changed.

Many games that where way to close than they should have been can be directly attributed to Levi being coached up to be a pocket passer instead of a dual threat QB.

Post #182?
    Meant the post from Hawk that started this sidebar.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Since Napier likes Mike so much will he play us in an Home and Home put his money where his mouth is
    SEC schedules games years in advance. but I would guess Napier would be glad to play us.

Home & home? That's a question for the bean counters: we'd have to pay them what they make staying at home, minus what they'd pay us for going there.

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 . LastLast

Thread Information