Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 . LastLast

Thread: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You know he didn't look at his resume.

He lived it.
    So the guy who lived it, and who’s future AD aspirations largely rest on his football hires picked him.

Hmmmm, I don’t know, maybe he should run a resume by BWK and the Ragin Pagin crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Repeat his hire will require state level approval.
    Has there ever been a situation where a hire was not approved?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I think it's fair to question this hire. There is no questions about the man Mike Desormeaux, he checks all the boxes in that area and the athlete's love him. But make no mistake, Dr. Maggard is taking a big risk on this hire, but he's going with the cULture.

I hope everyone will support this hire, regardless of personal opinions and give him a chance to prove himself. And let's keep the questions about resume and experience because there is none concerning his character or as a recruiter.
    Seems like we did what Notre Dame did. They could have hired just about any head coach in the country. But they promoted within a guy with no previous head coaching experience. I support the hire and think we have enough of the negative discussion. Time we all get on board with this. We'll see soon enough as Coach Des leads UL to the NO Bowl.

I think most of us are excited for Mike and hope he can maintain the cULture. Although I too have some questions regarding his experience, we must remember that Billy also had no Head Coaching experience prior to coming to Louisiana. Sometimes I think success may be more about the person than all of the experience. Hopefully Mike learned what he needed under Billy, just like Billy did under Nick. We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I don't think its negativity. Anybody here who has been a fan for sometime probably carries a very favorable opinion of Mike. We were all fans of his and I love that he's on staff. However, I do believe that this questioning this hire is justified without being negative. After Hud? I get it. But to follow up on 3 of our best years ever with the amount of momentum we have nationally I don't get it. Yeah, he may be successful here but nobody truly knows how it will go until we get down the road but I think its fair to first guess now rather than second guess later.
    Nobody truly knows how it will go with any hire.

It is a risk, and from the outside looking in, riskier than maybe some other options. Is the upside higher than some other options, thus justifying the risk?

It is interesting, some see this as a 'safe' pick because it is from inside the existing cULture. Others see the 'safe' pick as having proven yourself at other places.

The truth of the matter is that both have been correct and incorrect. It truly is a case by case scenario.

6. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I don't think its negativity. Anybody here who has been a fan for sometime probably carries a very favorable opinion of Mike. We were all fans of his and I love that he's on staff. However, I do believe that this questioning this hire is justified without being negative. After Hud? I get it. But to follow up on 3 of our best years ever with the amount of momentum we have nationally I don't get it. Yeah, he may be successful here but nobody truly knows how it will go until we get down the road but I think its fair to first guess now rather than second guess later.
    He’s the new head coach. He’s my guy unconditionally until he succeeds or fails. Nothing bad I say about the hire now helps, only hurts. Nothing good I say now hurts only helps. I’m going with helping.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Levi is a bad QB, we have years of film to prove it, some not even 24 hours old. Des might be ready, he might not. We are going to find out.
    The film where he easily outplayed the high end App State QB, again, this time for the conf title? That film?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    The film where he easily outplayed the high end App State QB, again, this time for the conf title? That film?
    Anybody with a set of eyes can see Levi’s weaknesses. Because he shows them consistently. I’m not gonna get into your CHNI straw man shuffle you got rolling today (bias is showing padnuh).

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    He’s the new head coach. He’s my guy unconditionally until he succeeds or fails. Nothing bad I say about the hire now helps, only hurts. Nothing good I say now hurts only helps. I’m going with helping.
    Exactly �� my feelings. To the future

Our defense made App St. QB look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Anybody with a set of eyes can see Levi’s weaknesses. Because he shows them consistently. I’m not gonna get into your CHNI straw man shuffle you got rolling today (bias is showing padnuh).
    You building the strawman. Having weaknesses =/= bad quarterback.

CBN thought he was good enough. And he was a key cog in the winningest 3 years for us ever. That’s just facts, padnuh.

Maggard (who picked Napier),and from some accounts (not just here) CBN, backed him as well. That’s good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Or he just plays bad against better competition, and feasts on the bad teams.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Agreed.

Can we agree that App has a good defense too? Or are all of Levi’s failures his alone?

You building the strawman. Having weaknesses =/= bad quarterback.

CBN thought he was good enough. And he was a key cog in the winningest 3 years for us ever. That’s just facts, padnuh.

Maggard (who picked Napier) and from some accounts (not just here) CBN backed him as well. That’s good enough for me.
    Good enough for you may not be good enough for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Congrats Coach Des! Looking forward to winning our bowl game in 2 weeks and many more in the season's to come.

Geaux Cajuns!
    Really!

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 . LastLast

Thread Information