Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Ah yes I remember now… we fumbled the ball and I ended up taking a good pursuit angle on the CB and helped tackle him…. I dunno where my burst of speed came from but that was probably the fastest I ever ran in pads lol. Mike was running for his life that night.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    He isn't a coordinator. You can say he's a co-coordinator but we all know who the guy calling plays and driving the offensive philosophy are.
    A lot of people wanted Lebby, but we all know who was driving the offensive philosophy at Ole Miss. And he only started calling plays this past season.

I know everyone has an opinion but I don't understand all the negativity. Do you actually think Maggard would hire someone that he didn't believe could continue our success at this level or higher? Desormeaux could be that next up and coming HC, have to give hm a chance. If we are to believe the reports Napier endorsed him. That is high praise in my book. Congrats Coach Mike and you have my support 100%. In fact, I'm going to increase my RCAF donation. Geaux Cajuns!!!

Special teams guy is coach Couch. He may stay

5. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Because he worked 7 years under two coaches that have worked at other big schools. He got trained by these guys.
    Translation: In the right place, at the right time.

6. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    I know everyone has an opinion but I don't understand all the negativity. Do you actually think Maggard would hire someone that he didn't believe could continue our success at this level or higher? Desormeaux could be that next up and coming HC, have to give hm a chance. If we are to believe the reports Napier endorsed him. That is high praise in my book. Congrats Coach Mike and you have my support 100%. In fact, I'm going to increase my RCAF donation. Geaux Cajuns!!!
    I’m sure they will appreciate the extra dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I would agree. This program is in a spot where we will draw significant interest and we should certainly make having at least coordinator experience a major criteria. I just can't see many other schools promoting a QB coach or TE coach to HC right off the bat even if the outgoing coach said it was a good decision. If Des was that hot of a commodity, wouldn't Napier have taken him with him?
    Maybe not, since BN probably had a pretty good idea already that CMD had a leg up on being named HC here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Special teams guy is coach Couch. He may stay
    Strength &conditioning not ST

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    How well do you know what he has done for the last four years or more? how ell do you know him? Upon what do you base that definitive decision.
    Look, None of us know. The simple fact is that with very few exceptions, hiring a HC is a crap shoot. How well did Tom Herman work out at Texas? Taggart at Fl St? Mullen at Florida?
    But, evidently, the man who knows his abilities better than anyone else, and who has a lot of ego in this program, Billy Napier, believes he is the best man for the job, and the man who has a string of successful hire, Dr. Maggard (sp?) believes he is ready.
    At the very least, we should take a "wait and see" attitude and not so forcefully decide that it is a bad hire.
    Well, all I know is that LTU wisely passed up one of their former women's hoops standouts for HC.

And that's where I think we should look for inspiration...

Did the birdie tell you what position Jorge is being considered for?

Lot of crossover with the “Mike’s not ready” and the “Levi is a bad QB” crowd.

The men who led us to the most successful 4 year run in our football history disagree with y’all on both. Ima roll with them baws.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I’m sure they will appreciate the extra dollar.
    I'm doing the same. Geaux Dex.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    I don't think its negativity. Anybody here who has been a fan for sometime probably carries a very favorable opinion of Mike. We were all fans of his and I love that he's on staff. However, I do believe that this questioning this hire is justified without being negative. After Hud? I get it. But to follow up on 3 of our best years ever with the amount of momentum we have nationally I don't get it. Yeah, he may be successful here but nobody truly knows how it will go until we get down the road but I think its fair to first guess now rather than second guess later.

14. Default Re: Head Coach Mike Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Did the birdie tell you what position Jorge is being considered for?
    No, however it is well known that Jorge has a great relationship with Joe Brady who was fired this morning as OC of the Panthers and is now looking for employment . . .

So, what is Mike's resume'? Surely no one should mind showing off his resume'.

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information