Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: #16 AP

Default Re: #16 AP

The BCS rankings mirrored the polls way more than the CFP rankings because the BCS removed bias.

The CFP is all about bias. The P5 loving “eye test” is all that matters. It’s a lie.

We definitely should promote our AP and Coach’s poll rankings. It is a truer reflection of on the field accomplishments.

2. Default Re: #16 AP

Perception is reality and the perception is that the CFP are the official rankings.

That is why their is a TV show for the CFP and not the AP.

The NCAA and ESPN made the perception unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Perception is reality and the perception is that the CFP are the official rankings.

That is why their is a TV show for the CFP and not the AP.

The NCAA and ESPN made the perception unfortunately
    All during the off season and into the first game, it will be "Louisiana, 16th ranked last year."

4. Default Re: #16 AP

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I still stand by my comments. The Cajuns are #23 in the CFP. The CFP are the only rankings that mean anything right now. It is great that we are 16 and 17 in the AP and coaches poll. But we are not near there in the CFP and we won’t be. We will be lucky to be inside the top 20 in the CFP after the bowl game. The only poll that means anything at this point is the CFP.
    I thought I was told the CFP doesn't do an end of the year poll. If that is true it makes the poll worthless after this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I thought I was told the CFP doesn't do an end of the year poll. If that is true it makes the poll worthless after this week.
    Pretty sure that is correct. The purpose of the CFP ranking is to determine the playoff teams and NY6 pairings. After that, their work is done, and they do not return after the bowls.

Enjoy this while we can.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    CFP does not have a post bowl ranking. They are done.
    Which is another reason the other polls are more important. The other polls will determine our final ranking, they will be recorded in the history books, and they are the only polls anyone will consider until next year, and after that.

We will be higher than #23 in the cfp. Houston, SDSU, Iowa, and WF all lost. Could jump them all but I would expect at least 2. So #21 worst case.

9. Default Re: #16 AP

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    We will be higher than #23 in the cfp. Houston, SDSU, Iowa, and WF all lost. Could jump them all but I would expect at least 2. So #21 worst case.
    Wasn’t today the last one . . . we are 23rd

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo.ix-bowl-games/

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Wasn’t today the last one . . . we are 23rd

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo.ix-bowl-games/
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Which is another reason the other polls are more important. The other polls will determine our final ranking, they will be recorded in the history books, and they are the only polls anyone will consider until next year, and after that.
    Took the words out of my mouth. last year, we finished at 15/16 in the AP/Coaches. Right now, we are at 16/17 with 1 game left. If we can show up and beat Marshall solid, along with some losses by #7 - 20, we could finish higher than last year. Isn't that what we want?

All during the off season and into the first game, it will be "Louisiana, 16th ranked last year."
    I sure hope it will be higher than that.

I sure hope it will be higher than that.
    So do I. The aforementioned was for illustrative purposes only. Your actual finish may be higher.

So do I. The aforementioned was for illustrative purposes only. Your actual finish may be higher.
    "Past performance is no guarantee of future success. "

But sometimes, it's better.

"Past performance is no guarantee of future success. "

But sometimes, it's better.
    We can only hope. I don't think it will be a question of effort

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information