Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: CFP Rankings and Bowl Announcements

Default Re: CFP Rankings and Bowl Announcements

Not sure why y’all are surprised at our matchup it’s been insinuated for weeks now and unless the Belt gets better tie ins this will likely be the case year after year. Hopefully that changes in the future and this was main point when people on here didn’t want to play LSU in a bowl game thinking we could do better……we can’t as it stands now….

That being said let’s go down their and kick Marshall’s ass, end the season ranked and with nations longest winning streak and continue to build!!

Coach Dez era begins now

First responder bowl Air Force and Louisville. That would have been good as we were there last year. SMU gets Virginia in the Fenway bowl. Would have loved to play on of those guys. But again, our tie ins stink.

UCF and Florida in the Gasparilla Bowl. That’s a good one.

North Carolina and South Carolina in the Mayo bowl.

5. Default Re: CFP Rankings and Bowl Announcements

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Cajuns vs. Marshall in Nola. Confirmed.
    Any other year I would like this matchup.

An opponent Louisiana will be playing every other year going forward takes the luster off.

6. Default Re: CFP Rankings and Bowl Announcements

A few years ago Louisiana won the rights to the New Orleans Bowl but was allowed to go elsewhere.

A one else recall this?

7. Default Re: CFP Rankings and Bowl Announcements

No, I don’t.

There are 8 bowls where g5 plays p5. We have the 2nd best record of all G5’s and we get a 7-5 g5 team from the worst conference. This really does suck.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    There is one major goal available. If Cincinnati loses and we win, we start the season with the nation’s longest winning streak.
    And we end this season with the longest winning streak. I think there is a claim to the National championship in there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    And we end this season with the longest winning streak. I think there is a claim to the National championship in there somewhere.
    Not quite, Kyle. The UCF "National Championship" was based on their #1 ranking on the Colley Matrix. We are ranked #13 on that matrix; great, but no natty.

11. Default Re: CFP Rankings and Bowl Announcements

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    That is exactly how it works in the TJFL (True Justice)

Longest winning streak goes on top of the Sports Mantle every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Any other year I would like this matchup.

An opponent Louisiana will be playing every other year going forward takes the luster off.
    We won't be playing Marshall every other year. At best we begin playing them next year, at worst it may not be until 2025 or later. With 7 team divisions you are left with 2 crossover games to play 7 teams. If you rotate every team and not worry about doing H-H in consecutive years, then at best you cycle the eastern teams every 3-4 years, unless of course you get a situation where two teams make the CCG consistently like us and App.

By far the biggest knock on playing Marshall this year is that they're the 4th best team from a conference most would consider lesser than the Sun Belt. If they were one of the two teams in the CUSA title game, I would be a little more excited.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Not quite, Kyle. The UCF "National Championship" was based on their #1 ranking on the Colley Matrix. We are ranked #13 on that matrix; great, but no natty.
    I'm making the call now. If Cinncy loses in the playoffs & UL wins the New Orleans bowl we are 2021 national champions. Make the rings & mold the trophy. I don't need no freaking matrix, no freaking polls & no freaking CFP to know this.

14. Default Re: CFP Rankings and Bowl Announcements

Well everyone except WKU will be gone soon enough. It’s not like we’re playing FIU. Those are the type teams that sank Zombie CUSA

In Maggard's interview on the Great S.C.O.T.T. show he said that the NOLA bowl has the oppurtunity of first choice from the SBC four out of six years. The kicker is that if they exercise that right the only team they can chose is Louisiana. I guess that tells you how valuable the NOLA bowl believes we are.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information