Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Peak Attendance

UL Football Peak Attendance

The Cajuns drew 31K for a championship game that has never been played before. The weather was perfect and no LSU team was playing. With a 11 game winning streak and 11-1 overall record, have we reached our ceiling attendance wise? While we had a good crowd it should have been way bigger giving the circumstances and how everything lined up. Not trying to be negative but Acadiana really didn't show up like they should have. Maybe a 30K stadium is the answer?

Default Re: Peak Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    The Cajuns drew 31K for a championship game that has never been played before. The weather was perfect and no LSU team was playing. With a 11 game winning streak and 11-1 overall record, have we reached our ceiling attendance wise? While we had a good crowd it should have been way bigger giving the circumstances and how everything lined up. Not trying to be negative but Acadiana really didn't show up like they should have. Maybe a 30K stadium is the answer?
    We had WAY more than that show up, they just didn't go in the game. I've never seen so many cars throughout the entire parking lot, across the street in public parking areas and Drug Emporium. Our battle continues to be how do we get those that are there to go into the game.. I don't have the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    We had WAY more than that show up, they just didn't go in the game. I've never seen so many cars throughout the entire parking lot, across the street in public parking areas and Drug Emporium. Our battle continues to be how do we get those that are there to go into the game.. I don't have the answer.
    Usually winning gets them in the stadium, but apparently not.

Drag them in there or make the stadium BYOB! Good thing the new stadium will only be 35K. Also remember COVID is still a factor and all schools are struggling to get consistent attendance the way it used to be.

I expected more, to be honest. If you can’t show up for that game, you’re pretty much not going to show up for any. That was a “get off your couch” moment. The crowd that was there was great, though. The tv shows bad angles and the home side was full.

We’ve had larger crowds for sure and brought several more to bowl games. I equate the championship game to a bowl game. Tickets had to be resold, people had to plan for an additional game. And you had the highest attendance ever. I think we did pretty good.

UTSA had 41 plus. SDSU had 13. Both big markets, but two different levels of support.

MAC championship had 10, but it was a neutral site.

We’ve always had a lot of people stay tailgating during the game. Those numbers are a lot less for night games.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Drag them in there or make the stadium BYOB! Good thing the new stadium will only be 35K. Also remember COVID is still a factor and all schools are struggling to get consistent attendance the way it used to be.
    Had LSU not instituted a vaccine mandate at the beginning of the season, you would have seen packed houses. I don't think the pandemic has that much to do with it. We've been seeing this for years. I think a newly renovated stadium will certainly help but like I say, this area tends to send its money to Baton Rouge

Sorry guys. Was working a 12 hour shift. Had to settle for listening to the radio call. Couldn't even watch the game from ESPN..

Had LSU not instituted a vaccine mandate at the beginning of the season, you would have seen packed houses. I don't think the pandemic has that much to do with it. We've been seeing this for years. I think a newly renovated stadium will certainly help but like I say, this area tends to send its money to Baton Rouge
    I wonder where they are going to send their money when LSU falls flat on their face again? This was more than a game. It was a monstrously huge civic event that took place in perfect weather. That stadium should have been packed.

Announced over 31 thousand but looked a whole lot more to me
    🏈

The game atmosphere was great. The people that were not there missed a good time, but I am tired of the griping about fans not showing up. They obviously had something to do that interested them more. We should celebrate the team's accomplishments and just know that if the Cajuns continue to win, the crowds will eventually show up. I have done my part by giving away tickets, talking about the games etc. People will choose where they spend their entertainment dollars and I cannot do anything to change that. I am happy for the 31k that showed up and for the most part stayed until the end of the game.

Today is a good day in Cajun nation, enjoy!

You want to increase attendance then hope that the CFP gets extended out so that every conference champion gets a shot. IF the Cajuns were playing to get into the CFP yesterday tickets would have been difficult to obtain.

Fans want to know that their team gets a shot at the grand prize. The chances of winning the powerball drawing are less than the odds of getting struck by lightning but people still buy tickets because they have as good a shot as anyone else. If there was a rule that Lafayette residents could play the game but were not eligible for the grand prize what would happen to sales? Same thing is true for Cajun football. Some people simple don't want to invest in a product that has no shot of winning the grand prize. Especially when there is an option less than an hour away that not only has a shot but has actually won the prize multiple times.

It was an outstanding crowd. Students get an A+.

Nothing to be disappointed about with this crowd or the atmosphere

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I wonder where they are going to send their money when LSU falls flat on their face again? This was more than a game. It was a monstrously huge civic event that took place in perfect weather. That stadium should have been packed.
    This has been a constant for years. Yeah, some of the locals will _____ about LSU if they are not a contender but they always tend to spend their money on LSU. How many people do you know that didn't even go to LSU but spend their disposable income in BR on gameday and/or season tickets etc..? I know tons. I don't know many, if any, LSU grads who spend their money in Lafayette going to cajuns games unless its on an LSU bye or road game. Hell, how many people do you know that stay out in the tailgate area while the cajuns are playing to watch LSU games? It's common.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information