Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Peak Attendance

Default Re: Peak Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    Totally agree, it really hurts that we don’t get much attendance from visiting teams in the Sun Belt. Southern Miss should bring a good crowd hopefully. Also why do we never see visiting teams bring bands anymore. A band would have filled out that visiting corner. Seems like for a Championship game a band could travel. Too expensive I guess.
    If you've been to many Cajun road games, you see that Cajun fans don't travel any better than most other SBC teams. We bring a "decent" crowd for "BIGGER" games and not so many for "regular" games.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I don't think that gets the casuals in the game. We just lose eyeballs on the program IMO. MTGA (make tailgating great again), maintain a good on-the-field product, and drastically improve gameday experience is only way to draw casuals onto the sports complex and hopefully in the gate.
    Casuals or not, it definitely has played a part. I know so many people who go to fewer games or none at all and just watch from their house.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Casuals or not, it definitely has played a part. I know so many people who go to fewer games or none at all and just watch from their house.
    Absolutely does. I know tons of people that watch from home and/or a bar. I just worry that even if we had the ability to request a blackout in Lafayette, we'd lose more fans than we'd gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I think there may have been a little more than 31,000. Maybe about 32,000-33,000. One of my son's had paper tickets and the line to get in was so long, they started letting some people in without scanning their tickets. My son and grandson got in without their ticket getting scanned! He said that they were not the only ones that did not get scanned. I was hoping for about 35,000 (which we didn't get), but I think 31,000 is a few short of the actual attendance if not everyone was scanned.
    We go by tickets sold not tickets scanned

5. Default Re: Peak Attendance

If you've been to many Cajun road games, you see that Cajun fans don't travel any better than most other SBC teams. We bring a "decent" crowd for "BIGGER" games and not so many for "regular" games.
    I think there would be more Ragin Roadies if fans "knew" the ULumni bus was going.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I think there would be more Ragin Roadies if fans "knew" the ULumni bus was going.
    That would add another 30-35.

I think we should all know by now that we aren’t going to see many crowds like last Saturday very often. We just had the best 3 season run in program history and the attendance was worse than many of huds seasons. Times have changed, technology has evolved, and Acadiana in general doesn’t really care. I personally don’t expect many big crowds outside of the occasional game like last Saturday.

I’ve been to most road games and find we travel much better than the other teams in conference.

9. Default Re: Peak Attendance

That would add another 30-35.
    Right away? That's better than I thought.

I figured it would take a couple years before fans started remembering it was a permanent option.

10. Default Re: Peak Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Right away? That's better than I thought.

I figured it would take a couple years before fans started remembering it was a permanent option.
    We do a convoy of 35 busses and we will really have something . . .

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread Information