Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Peak Attendance

Default Re: Peak Attendance

I think last night raised the baseline a few thousand.. I think now a "small crowd" will be 21-22000.... As many have stated last night was fun. "Casual fan" may have walked out thinking this is something I want to do more often... And we had some newbies who maybe felt the same way.
    Continuing to win is important. Casual fan and newbie fan will stop coming if we don't. I think we need a 40k seat stadium. Just a more attractive environment will entice casual fan. 2k visitors ( thats you So Miss) will add to the numbers.
    Billy started something. We have not yet seen our full potential

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    If we focus on what we've accomplished, we'll be grateful, and continue working.

If we focus on our shortcomings, we'll be resentful, and resigned.
    I think yesterday we won more than a game. We won over the community who saw how special UL is.

3. Default Re: Peak Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    I do to I understand ! I don’t think we have reached our peak! We just started winning once people start going I think attendance will grow. If we continue these 9 to 10 win seasons. I think we can average 28 to 30k a game and for big games 40 to 45k. In the Sunbelt that to me is the peak.

I agree with the stadium renovation being at 35k, if push comes to shove and we start getting more we can start expanding if need be.
    We can’t have great attendance with midweek games, noon games in early September. Just ain’t going to happen. And that’s a problem because it breaks momentum and habit. Also one Saturday in October is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    UTSA had 41 plus. SDSU had 13. Both big markets, but two different levels of support.

MAC championship had 10, but it was a neutral site.
    MWC championship was essentially neutral site. I've said this before on this board, but SDSU gets a pass for any low attendance numbers this year and last year. Once they start playing in San Diego again, then we can make comparisons.

5. Default Re: Peak Attendance

UTSA has shown an ability to draw fans. Especially for big events.

6. Default Re: Peak Attendance

What was TV viewership for the CCG?

What about having a TV blackout in Lafayette for home games?

Quote Originally Posted by Redgineer View Post
    I don't think that gets the casuals in the game. We just lose eyeballs on the program IMO. MTGA (make tailgating great again), maintain a good on-the-field product, and drastically improve gameday experience is only way to draw casuals onto the sports complex and hopefully in the gate.

9. Default Re: Peak Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Redgineer View Post
    I’m pretty sure we don’t have that clout. Neither does Bama, Ohio State and Clemson to name a few.

10. Default Re: Peak Attendance

You can’t collect the TV $$$$$ and control who will be allowed to watch the TV. . . It just don’t work that way . . .

Quote Originally Posted by OrlandeauxCajun View Post
    What was TV viewership for the CCG?
    #'s released Tuesday. But, we went nearly head to head with Bama v Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I don't think that gets the casuals in the game. We just lose eyeballs on the program IMO. MTGA (make tailgating great again), maintain a good on-the-field product, and drastically improve gameday experience is only way to draw casuals onto the sports complex and hopefully in the gate.
    For starters, for a better game day experience:

Better Cell/wifi
    Possibly double the concession stand workers.
    What about concession\beer guys roaming the stands?

Everything else was great. Food was awesome. The band under the Oak (Seven Jet?) was great. The music from the scoreboard PA was not too loud and I enjoyed it the blend of it and POA.

A few tweaks:
    IMHO. I think putting the POA back in the SE corner would be better for the East Side to hear the horns.

My 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I think yesterday we won more than a game. We won over the community who saw how special UL is.
    I think you are right! I am hoping the same thing. I knew the avg attendance numbers would take a lot of time. UL has never been a winner. Its gonna take time to build the cULture in the fanbase as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    The Cajuns drew 31K for a championship game that has never been played before. The weather was perfect and no LSU team was playing. With a 11 game winning streak and 11-1 overall record, have we reached our ceiling attendance wise? While we had a good crowd it should have been way bigger giving the circumstances and how everything lined up. Not trying to be negative but Acadiana really didn't show up like they should have. Maybe a 30K stadium is the answer?
    The in stadium experience is awful. Terrible food. Concession lines are just ridiculous. It takes a 30 min to get a darn beer. I went to every game because of the product on the field. If I were a casual fan I would not go back

Quote Originally Posted by CajunConnection View Post
    Announced over 31 thousand but looked a whole lot more to me
    ��
    I think there may have been a little more than 31,000. Maybe about 32,000-33,000. One of my son's had paper tickets and the line to get in was so long, they started letting some people in without scanning their tickets. My son and grandson got in without their ticket getting scanned! He said that they were not the only ones that did not get scanned. I was hoping for about 35,000 (which we didn't get), but I think 31,000 is a few short of the actual attendance if not everyone was scanned.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information