Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Peak Attendance

Default Re: Peak Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    The Cajuns drew 31K for a championship game that has never been played before. The weather was perfect and no LSU team was playing. With a 11 game winning streak and 11-1 overall record, have we reached our ceiling attendance wise? While we had a good crowd it should have been way bigger giving the circumstances and how everything lined up. Not trying to be negative but Acadiana really didn't show up like they should have. Maybe a 30K stadium is the answer?
    IMHO our best expected attendance numbers are 35-38k. That’s best case of a decade of 10+ win seasons.

We are in the SBC, if we were in the Big12 I’d say 40k. But that’s the cards we are currently dealt.

With Saturday games and good weather we should be averaging 28-30k.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    The game atmosphere was great. The people that were not there missed a good time, but I am tired of the griping about fans not showing up. They obviously had something to do that interested them more. We should celebrate the team's accomplishments and just know that if the Cajuns continue to win, the crowds will eventually show up. I have done my part by giving away tickets, talking about the games etc. People will choose where they spend their entertainment dollars and I cannot do anything to change that. I am happy for the 31k that showed up and for the most part stayed until the end of the game.

Today is a good day in Cajun nation, enjoy!
    And this thread is to specifically address the attendance issues. There are tons of threads where we are talking about what yesterday meant to the program.

Great crowd, but certainly not at the peak. We have had 6 games, over 10 years ago that had more.
    Just like the team, there is more to be done, and higher goals attained. We have not maxed out the potential of where this Ragin Cajun football program can go.

That was a legit 31k since all tickets had to be rebought, I'm sure there were very few no shows. The electricity was palpable. MAT nailed it on the reaction pod. I've never felt that energy in that stadium before, and damn, EVERY week should be like that. Las night was AMAZING!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    And this thread is to specifically address the attendance issues. There are tons of threads where we are talking about what yesterday meant to the program.
    So I gave my opinion. I appreciate the warning from the thread police, but I am expressing my view about attendance. If you don't like it, use the "ignore" feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    So I gave my opinion. I appreciate the warning from the thread police, but I am expressing my view about attendance. If you don't like it, use the "ignore" feature.
    Exactly. Ignore the thread where we are talking about the attendance if you are "tired of the griping". FFS

I’ve said it before and I stand by that we should have 25k seats with the hill and SRO for overflow. Lots of amenities and there will be demand for seats. Heck, engineer it for future expansion if the need arises down the road.

App State might have brought 800 people. That means over 30,000 Cajun fans were in attendance. I think THAT may be a record.

I do to I understand ! I don’t think we have reached our peak! We just started winning once people start going I think attendance will grow. If we continue these 9 to 10 win seasons. I think we can average 28 to 30k a game and for big games 40 to 45k. In the Sunbelt that to me is the peak.

I agree with the stadium renovation being at 35k, if push comes to shove and we start getting more we can start expanding if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    I’ve said it before and I stand by that we should have 25k seats with the hill and SRO for overflow. Lots of amenities and there will be demand for seats. Heck, engineer it for future expansion if the need arises down the road.
    I totally agree. Those routine SBC games with 28K will have a better atmosphere and create greater ticket demand.

We also need to realize in today's world, most college football stadiums are dowsizing and focusing on corporate suite/lodge sales over GA tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    App State might have brought 800 people. That means over 30,000 Cajun fans were in attendance. I think THAT may be a record.
    That is one of the most important things about yesterday….and I don’t think it gets mentioned enough. Virtually all of that attendance were UL fans. Bring in a team that has equal or better brand-name, plus also able to bring more fans and 35-40k is very doable.

The Cajuns drew 31K for a championship game that has never been played before. The weather was perfect and no LSU team was playing. With a 11 game winning streak and 11-1 overall record, have we reached our ceiling attendance wise? While we had a good crowd it should have been way bigger giving the circumstances and how everything lined up. Not trying to be negative but Acadiana really didn't show up like they should have. Maybe a 30K stadium is the answer?
    If we focus on what we've accomplished, we'll be grateful, and continue working.

If we focus on our shortcomings, we'll be resentful, and resigned.

13. Default Re: Peak Attendance

The town of Erath had a parade that was planned long ago.

SBC Championship games haven't historically been marked on the calender.

Common don't make it right, but there weren't thousands that stayed to watch chicken Q or gumbo boil while holding a beer and talking ____ ....

Agree, the crowd was really into the game, lots of noise. I think students are back if they don't d I c k around too much with next year's schedule too much.

I think a reason Acadiana and Lafayette don't fully support UL Football is that UL is an after thought period. Traditions need to be built, don't screw up concessions, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The town of Erath had a parade that was planned long ago.

SBC Championship games haven't historically been marked on the calender.
    So did Broussard...at 3pm...i understand saving the date, but if you can parade at 3, you can parade at 11. Pretty selfish if you ask me...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information