Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Eauque™

Default Re: The Eauque™

A Bedouin tent.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    A Bedouin tent.
    You have to be a really early denizen of the Eauque to remember that Beau. I know you are very nearly a charter member.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    A Bedouin tent.
    HAHA!! Now, yesterday...today, this morning, when I see all the berching and moaning about Des being our new coach, I harken back to simpler times. LOL!! The bedouin tent, 50 people in the stands, being able to park right up against the stadium, getting our arsses beaten by North Alabama(?) We had a blast back then, but we didn't really have any idea how good things could/should be. Embrace the culture friends!!
    Thanks for the post Dr Fun!!

Z

4. Default Re: The Eauque™

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I believe there were several who talked to the AD about that. I know I did, and I am almost certain you are correct about Hammer as well. I am old, and my memory sometimes fails me, but I seem to recall several of us approaching him about that on one occasion when he visited our spot on game day.
    Sorry for the slight sir. I’m strictly wrong about a singular person. I’m right about volunteering to get charged a renewable rental fee, and how the university eyes were opened to this revenue stream.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZeebart21 View Post
    HAHA!! Now, yesterday...today, this morning, when I see all the berching and moaning about Des being our new coach, I harken back to simpler times. LOL!! The bedouin tent, 50 people in the stands, being able to park right up against the stadium, getting our arsses beaten by North Alabama(?) We had a blast back then, but we didn't really have any idea how good things could/should be. Embrace the culture friends!!
    Thanks for the post Dr Fun!!

Z
    It was good times. Again, it's like our kids: we just love who they are now, and we're so proud of them.

But we deeply miss when they were little, even though it was filled with dirty diapers, constant messes, exhausting nights, and your whole life revolving around their naps and their feeding times.

The whole journey has meaning, and joy. But we don't realize that until we're old geezers, looking back.

Yes, it was good times. The kibbe was good, too. And that tent saved our ssses a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    Yes, it was good times. The kibbe was good, too. And that tent saved our ssses a few times.
    Everyone was laughing about the bedouin tent.

I always dreamed of getting a REALLY big one, and naming it 'ABRAHAM'S TENT.'

At the entrance would be a sign, "In the highest Biblical traditions, it is said that no one was ever turned away from Abraham's Tent.

"But we might make an exception for State fans."

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Sorry for the slight sir. I’m strictly wrong about a singular person. I’m right about volunteering to get charged a renewable rental fee, and how the university eyes were opened to this revenue stream.
    No doubt you are correct, Express. My intent was not to say you were wrong, just to show that we, as a group, acted to help launch the tailgate scene as we now know it at Cajun Field.

9. Default Re: The Eauque™

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    ... My intent was... just to show that we, as a group, acted to help launch the tailgate scene as we now know it at Cajun Field.
    As an eyewitness (not a member) I 100% vouch for that truth,.

Well, as long as we are all coming clean, if anyone wants to know how the “Lafayette” sign that was in the North end zone “Disappeared” years ago (during a work day), I think I may be the only one that can tell you.

11. Default Re: The Eauque™

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    Well, as long as we are all coming clean, if anyone wants to know how the “Lafayette” sign that was in the North end zone “Disappeared” years ago (during a work day), I think I may be the only one that can tell you.
    My hero

Funny you mention that. Drove thru the intersection Johnston/St Mary this week, actually noticed the university gave up trying to keep “Lafayette” on the two walls on the St. Mary side. Good deed years ago duplicate decades later.

13. Default Re: The Eauque™

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Funny you mention that. Drove thru the intersection Johnston/St Mary this week, actually noticed the university gave up trying to keep “Lafayette” on the two walls on the St. Mary side. Good deed years ago duplicate decades later.
    ….Did the guy that ran on the field actually do this? I notice back some years the scratched out Lafayette was used in a photo shot against us….anybody remember?

Well, not only that. One of the mules we were using for the work weekend also disappeared... Gerald Hebert caught hell about it.

15. Default Re: The Eauque™

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Well, not only that. One of the mules we were using for the work weekend also disappeared... Gerald Hebert caught hell about it.
    At least it wasn’t a goat . .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information