Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Congrats from a Gator - and now also a Ragin Cajun - fan

Default Congrats from a Gator - and now also a Ragin Cajun - fan

Hey bros. First off, congratulations on the Sun Belt Championship. Hope y'all are hungover. You deserve it. I've become a big fan of your fanbase with how y'all have sent Coach Napier.

By way of background, when we landed Dan Mullen, Mississippi State fans tried to warn us Dan was a lazy recruiter and overly loyal to some of his lousy assistants. We ignored them. They were right. We still make fun of ourselves for how stupid we were.

With that in mind, I've come over to try to pick y'alls brains a little bit. I don't need to be sold on Billy, but with staffing being such a major problem with Dan, I'm hoping y'all can shoot me straight on some of the assistants Billy might bring over.

It seems Toney is coming over and Juluke has told one of our recruits he is too. What can y'all tell me about them? Everything I've read about Toney is insanely positive. I have some concerns about Juluke. He seems like a great fit in Louisiana due to his background, but will the recruiting ability transfer? Should I be concerned about the LSU demotion?

If there are any other assistants that y'all have heard are following Billy, please let me know and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks, guys. Looking forward to hearing from y'all.

Default Re: Congrats from a Gator - and now also a Ragin Cajun - fan

I didn't hear that Juluke was going to FL. Toney could stay, go to FL or land a P5 somewhere else. I am hearing Tim Leger and Rory Segrest are definitely going to FL.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I didn't hear that Juluke was going to FL. Toney could stay, go to FL or land a P5 somewhere else. I am hearing Tim Leger and Rory Segrest are definitely going to FL.
    Thoughts on Leger and Segrest?

Quote Originally Posted by SUGator51 View Post
    Thoughts on Leger and Segrest?
    Segrest has nfl and sec coaching experience. Leger is a strong recruiter.

Also Mark Hocke S&C coach will follow Napier.

6. Default Re: Congrats from a Gator - and now also a Ragin Cajun - fan

Florida recruiting will be fine.

Historically the number of kids who have grown up saying I'm going to play ball for Louisiana are few.

Meaning; almost every recruit Napier and staff have brought in has been a recruiting victory of sorts.

Florida recruiting will be fine.

We've learned very quickly saying "UF will recruit itself" is not only arrogant, but untrue. After getting curb-stomped by Georgia, Kirby very publicly pointed out to the world he's been out-recruiting us badly.

Why we're all in love with Napier is because we know he has the process to bring in the top 5 classes we need to not simply get back to competing with Bama and Georgia, but to overtake them.

We also believed he had the contacts within the coaching industry to piece together an elite staff.

We've become big Rob Sale fans are are hoping he's convinced/is convincing him to come back to the college game where he'll have a little more job security.

We also like Toney. Maybe not a "name" guy quite yet, but we know he's an up-and-comer and that coaching tree is on the cutting edge right now.

Outside of that, we might be a little concerned if too much of the staff travels. I don't mean any offense, but obviously we'd hope to get some more guys with Florida ties.

We've learned very quickly saying "UF will recruit itself" is not only arrogant, but untrue. After getting curb-stomped by Georgia, Kirby very publicly pointed out to the world he's been out-recruiting us badly.

Why we're all in love with Napier is because we know he has the process to bring in the top 5 classes we need to not simply get back to competing with Bama and Georgia, but to overtake them.

We also believed he had the contacts within the coaching industry to piece together an elite staff.

We've become big Rob Sale fans are are hoping he's convinced/is convincing him to come back to the college game where he'll have a little more job security.

We also like Toney. Maybe not a "name" guy quite yet, but we know he's an up-and-comer and that coaching tree is on the cutting edge right now.

Outside of that, we might be a little concerned if too much of the staff travels. I don't mean any offense, but obviously we'd hope to get some more guys with Florida ties.
    A few of your coaches will be retained.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    A few of your coaches will be retained.
    Always smart. We've heard Christian Robinson at LB and Tim Brewster at TE. They are our two best recruiters. Really, they're our only recruiters. So that would be wise.

Always smart. We've heard Christian Robinson at LB and Tim Brewster at TE. They are our two best recruiters. Really, they're our only recruiters. So that would be wise.
    I also heard Brewster would be retained. He is the only name I heard. Coach Napier will also bring some support staff with him. He may say at the presser who he plans on bringing. I have heard Rob Sale for OL, Tom Herman for OC and Doug Belk for DC.

If given 3 years to implement the foundation Napier will win a Title in year 5.

Crap. Really hoped we could have kept Toney. The defense started off a little iffy at the beginning of the year but really sharpened up into a good group.

What's the scoop on Juluke?

What's the scoop on Juluke?
    He is well thought of by most here. From a bigger picture perspective you have to understand how Napier works. He is more like the CEO of a fortune 500 company. Consumed with having the right resources ( i.e. asst. coaches), planning, quality control, and review of successes and failures. It really is about building a culture within the company (football program) that ensures it is a well oiled machine with all the various pieces working together. So he might not always hire well known names but he will put people in positions that understand their roles, expectations, and goals.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information