Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Congrats from a Gator - and now also a Ragin Cajun - fan

Default Re: Congrats from a Gator - and now also a Ragin Cajun - fan

Quote Originally Posted by SUGator51 View Post
    Hey bros. First off, congratulations on the Sun Belt Championship. Hope y'all are hungover. You deserve it. I've become a big fan of your fanbase with how y'all have sent Coach Napier.

By way of background, when we landed Dan Mullen, Mississippi State fans tried to warn us Dan was a lazy recruiter and overly loyal to some of his lousy assistants. We ignored them. They were right. We still make fun of ourselves for how stupid we were.

With that in mind, I've come over to try to pick y'alls brains a little bit. I don't need to be sold on Billy, but with staffing being such a major problem with Dan, I'm hoping y'all can shoot me straight on some of the assistants Billy might bring over.

It seems Toney is coming over and Juluke has told one of our recruits he is too. What can y'all tell me about them? Everything I've read about Toney is insanely positive. I have some concerns about Juluke. He seems like a great fit in Louisiana due to his background, but will the recruiting ability transfer? Should I be concerned about the LSU demotion?

If there are any other assistants that y'all have heard are following Billy, please let me know and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks, guys. Looking forward to hearing from y'all.
    Juluke is a great recruiter in the NOLA area. Lots of talent there. If he can snag a handful a year and bring them to Fla it would only benefit you. Kinda like a Hilliard guy from Patterson la did years ago.

Hey bros. First off, congratulations on the Sun Belt Championship. Hope y'all are hungover. You deserve it. I've become a big fan of your fanbase with how y'all have sent Coach Napier.

By way of background, when we landed Dan Mullen, Mississippi State fans tried to warn us Dan was a lazy recruiter and overly loyal to some of his lousy assistants. We ignored them. They were right. We still make fun of ourselves for how stupid we were.

With that in mind, I've come over to try to pick y'alls brains a little bit. I don't need to be sold on Billy, but with staffing being such a major problem with Dan, I'm hoping y'all can shoot me straight on some of the assistants Billy might bring over.

It seems Toney is coming over and Juluke has told one of our recruits he is too. What can y'all tell me about them? Everything I've read about Toney is insanely positive. I have some concerns about Juluke. He seems like a great fit in Louisiana due to his background, but will the recruiting ability transfer? Should I be concerned about the LSU demotion?

If there are any other assistants that y'all have heard are following Billy, please let me know and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks, guys. Looking forward to hearing from y'all.
    One of Napier’s attributes is hiring incredible assistants. He hires great men that happen to be great coaches. You should have absolutely zero worries about assistants. He interviewed 16 people for the special teams coordinator position lol. He will have no holes on his staff.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSaucey View Post
    He interviewed 16 people for the special teams coordinator position lol.
    That's what I like to hear. In researching his staffing at ULL, he seemed to go outside the people he's previously worked with (especially his Bama connections) to hire who he believed were the best coaches. Especially after Mullen hired all of his buddies and essentially giving them tenure, that was awesome to see.

I'm a big Toney fan. I'm hopeful Juluke's recruiting skills transfer to Florida. But I am also hopeful we don't take too many other staff members from y'all. Again, no offense intended. They've obviously done some good work - Sun Belt Champs and all.

But in an interview with Jay Walker when he got the ULL job, Napier talked about getting guys who could recruit in-state and had some pre-existing relationships. I understand bringing in some of your top lieutenants, keeping a coach or two from the prior regime to help with the transition, but I do think we'll also need to get some guys who can hit the ground running with some elite Florida prospects.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

That's what I like to hear. In researching his staffing at ULL, he seemed to go outside the people he's previously worked with (especially his Bama connections) to hire who he believed were the best coaches. Especially after Mullen hired all of his buddies and essentially giving them tenure, that was awesome to see.

I'm a big Toney fan. I'm hopeful Juluke's recruiting skills transfer to Florida. But I am also hopeful we don't take too many other staff members from y'all. Again, no offense intended. They've obviously done some good work - Sun Belt Champs and all.

But in an interview with Jay Walker when he got the ULL job, Napier talked about getting guys who could recruit in-state and had some pre-existing relationships. I understand bringing in some of your top lieutenants, keeping a coach or two from the prior regime to help with the transition, but I do think we'll also need to get some guys who can hit the ground running with some elite Florida prospects.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
    You’ll go a long way with this fanbase if you call us Lousiana. ULL is a dirty word.

Quote Originally Posted by nathancpike View Post
    You’ll go a long way with this fanbase if you call us Lousiana. ULL is a dirty word.
    My apologies. THE U of L.

6. Default Re: Congrats from a Gator - and now also a Ragin Cajun - fan

ULL
    Where are you from, and where did you pick up that name?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Where are you from, and where did you pick up that name?
    East coast (central) of Florida. SU is the abbreviation for a small university I went to in Florida (yes, did not attend UF. Don't judge me.).

The latest on staffing:

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/...es/8878289002/

8. Default Re: Congrats from a Gator - and now also a Ragin Cajun - fan

East coast (central) of Florida. SU is the abbreviation for a small university I went to in Florida (yes, did not attend UF. Don't judge me.).

The latest on staffing:

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/...es/8878289002/
    The Advertiser is fast becoming an anti-UL newspaper, their writers through championship week and the coaching change have been out of Baton Rouge

Stetson? The Hatters?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Stetson? The Hatters?
    Cy Young U.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information