Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Levi Lewis GOAT

Default Re: Levi Lewis GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    My good buddy Destin Cajun a lifelong fan and graduate lives in Red Stick. He’s always giving me heads up on players in Red Stick metro. A few years back he said pay attention to a Scotlandville player Levi Lewis.

I watched him get to the state championship. He was very good, but couldn’t close the deal.

Today they started listing his Louisiana accomplishments. They were eye opening. Only about 500 yards behind Jake all time passing mark. Eclipsed many of Mitchell records.

He’s got one thing neither could do, grab a conference trophy that hasn’t happened since before Cajun Field. That’s why I’m nominating him for Louisiana fans GOAT.
    You left out that another reason Levi is such a disaster: he's also a Civil Engineering major. Everyone knows that smart people can't play football.

And it means that along with Delhomme & Mitchell, we need to add Jerry Babb into the mix, another engineering major quarterback. Because remember, before we got Tyrell Fenroy, Babb was on track to pass all of Delhomme's passing records.

Which proves, once again, that stats aren't important, because we all know Babb was also one of the worst quarterbacks ever.

Levi was named MVP of the championship game last night, yet more proof that those who consider on-field performance don't know anything.

Levi's critics here are correct: the stats lie, and the truth lies exclusively in their opinions. The sporting world needs to stop paying attention to all those ridiculous W's & L's, and scores, and stats, and particularly to what coaches & players think about football.

Instead, they should all come here daily to hear what our local geniuses have to say about the game.

Truly, we are not worthy.

Cajunhawk will not endorse this thread....lol

Levi is a great team leader. I expect he will do great in life and will make some lucky employer a great add if he chooses to step away from football. (IMO, he would also make a super coach) We may see his name listed as "CEO" one day. He may not have the most talented QB in the country but is able to use the talent he does have as well as any other QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Levi is a great team leader. I expect he will do great in life and will make some lucky employer a great add if he chooses to step away from football. (IMO, he would also make a super coach) We may see his name listed as "CEO" one day. He may not have the most talented QB in the country but is able to use the talent he does have as well as any other QB.
    Obviously, my comments were satire.

I'm working out of town, I had to watch on the tube yesterday. I kept watching Levi and being so grateful that he chose us. As Jay Bird & Gerald Broussard* said, "He checks off all of the intangibles." Just a great leader, and competitor.

*1) I've known Gerald since we were at UL together. He's Cajun, so what the hell is with that twang?
    2) I can't understand about half of what he's saying, what with the twang and the fast-talking football-speak. But he's still one of my favorite sports commentators, any medium, any level. I'm so happy to hear him and Jay Walker on the air. Very professional, but a lot of fun too. The two men are a good reflection of our culture.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information